Teachers unite! - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Teachers unite!

Happy anniversary, Diane. That's a big deal and worth celebrating that you feel better.

Mary, I am so happy for you that you will not be doing the exams again. Don't all teachers reach a point where they realize it has been wonderful to give 150% but now it's okay for someone else to take a turn? Enjoy the new, less stressful job. I certainly have adjusted happily to not doing the yearbook.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Teachers unite!

Thank goodness for Rudy's birthday post or I never would have found my way back to this site.
Yes, girls, I've hit the big 50!
Mary, so kind of you to remember me... it's been 2 months since my last post and I continue to have trouble getting to this thread.
I have missed all of you and am glad to hear that people are keeping busy. It's a sure sign that we have healed.
Massachusetts has just started the first phase of their high stakes testing. We are in the middle of the (2 week) English Langauge Arts portion. My 4th grade students have completed all 4 days of their testing! The poor kids! I had a few just break down and cry. I gave them hugs and reassured them they were ready. (And they truly were!)I wonder if the scorers will recognize the tear stained booklets.
We now have 6 weeks before the Math portion is underway.
I have a terrific group of kids!!! They have done homework seven days per week including vacations and days off. They are determined to show the greatest growth possible. Our population is made up of mostly English language learners, so they know they have to work harder to catch up. Wish us luck... we're determined to make history!
Kathy
Unread 04-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Teachers unite!

Good luck Kathy and belated happy birthday.

I finally went back to work in mid February and within a week had that darn virus that was going around. I was off with 101 temp for a couple of days.

My sub did a decent job while I was gone except she screwed me up big time. She did not bother to send out mid term reports for two quarters and now I can not retain anyone. I am so upset because I need to retain at least 4 students this year. I talked to all the parents and all of them were upset that no one told them there was a problem. So I can not retain any of the kids.

I am trying to transfer schools again. The district is going to open two of the schools they just built plus an all boy's school. I had to send in my resume for the positions but I am hopeful.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Happy Easter!

Hello everyone,
Thought I'd drop in and wish everyone a very happy Easter break.

I know it's rather early but we finish school on Friday (phew!) and we're going to France for the next two weeks and I probably won't have internet access.

Hope the break from school does everyone a world of good.

Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Teachers unite!

Dear Sisters,
I had a real sense of loss and sadness seeing sisters signing off. It reminds me of the empty feeling I have each year after school closes. We work non-stop till the very end and then it comes to a crashing halt. 50 to 70% of my students are never seen the next year as they move from the city. Many write years later, but in the mean time you wonder (and worry) about their "issues".
Thanks for being there when we really needed it! We have healed and moved on yet, we'll always remember our teaching sisters.
I promise to check in, so please drop a line periodically.
Good luck on testing!
Enjoy Easter/Spring break... Take care, Kathy
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Teachers unite!

Kathy, I am looking forward to hearing how your students did with the testing. Please be sure and let us know when you get the results. Some of us teacher sisters are still here, just not checking in several times a week like we used to.

Mary should be getting back from France next week... looking forward to hearing about the trip.

Chris, good luck with the transfer. It's tough having a long-term sub... sounds like you handled the mess as best you could.

Hello to Cathy and everyone. It is indeed a time of renewal.

Sarah
Unread 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Sarah,
Nice to hear from You. This was a first... your letter was identified as spam. I recognized the error right away and wondered why it happened. It gave me a direct link to the thread, something I've needed right along. I'll keep in touch. Promise. xxxooo Kathy
Unread 04-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Teachers unite!

PS
It won't be long before the thread moves. Doesn't it usually happen around the 12th page? Kathy
Unread 05-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
It's good to be back on the thread again. Hope you've all had a really good break.
We had a lovely stay in France. In fact, we've been really busy as we've bought a very small cottage over there (or very rash - as we've had to borrow to do it, until payout on retirement). So - we had a busy week working on it - but great fun - and then relaxed over Easter weekend. We were joined by DS and family - good to see baby grandson - as they have a place nearby. Sarah (youngest) then came over too - so a good time together. The seasons are a little ahead of here, so the almond trees were in blossom and the peach and cherry trees came into flower while we were there. Really pretty.
It was back to earth with a bump on our return as we went straight into marking and moderating coursework for GCSE assessment (our big public exams for 16 year olds). I haven't stopped yet - now looking forward to the Spring half term break in four weeks' time.
Hope you're all keeping well. It would be lovely to hear.
Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 06-10-2006, 05:06 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello Ladies!
So sorry I haven't posted in some time. Seems this thread is running down. I just got a message the other day reminding me of my hysterversary. I had forgotten about that....(that's a good sign). I hope everyone is feeling well. Happy hysterversary to Sarah and Mary (yours is coming up). God Bless you all. I have not forgotten you! Just caught up in the swing of things. I had a nice vacation in North Carolina and now I am off to Tampa for a Reading conference.
Please take care of yourselves and stop by when you get a chance.
Love always
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register