Teachers unite! - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 06-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Teachers unite!

Good Morning Ladies,
Like Cathy I have been caught up in the swing of things. I just finished the school year yesterday, but an never done. I am taking and teaching a class over the summer.
This Tuesday I head back into the hosptial for more surgery. He is going to remove the right ovary due to more adhesions and possibly the cervix depending on the amount of adhesions he finds there too. I have been having difficulty since last August after surgery but we all, including the drs. felt it was more related to the kidneys and stones. This past February I had another bout of what I thought were kidney stones and all the test results came back negative again. This time they didn't think my timing was off and I had passed them before I got to the doctor. They looked farther and came up with thinking it is more adhesions or endometriosis. When I went back to the OB he pressed in the exact spot and was able to determine adhesions at that point. That was May 1st. I guess I should have gone back to him right away. It truly didn't present as ovary/female issues though. He said the only way to definitely determine what it is would be to go in. So that is what is happening on Tuesday. He has determined he will definitely take the right ovary since it is located right in the bowel and he thinks that it may be adhering there so he wants to remove that so it won't cause bowel issues in the future. He is going to try it laproscopically. Once he is in there he will make the determination about the cervix. I am not sure how I feel about that?!? I want it to remain so that I don't have everything prolapsing later, but my mom tried to put it into perspective in her way. "Would you rather have the prolapse surgery later or possibly be treating cervical cancer later?" When it is put that way it makes you think. It is confusing though, because no one in our family has ever had cervical cancer. What to do, what to do? I just want it over. I had another bad bout with it in February and since then have had a constant ache in my right side and sometimes it is more than an ache. It could take me to my knees.
I want it done and over with so I can move on.
My DDs head softball coach goes in Monday to have surgery from adhesions as well. I made her a care package with a crown and a magic wand as well as some books and a video rental gift card for her recovery. On the crown I put a little note for her family to remind them she is recovering princess. --"Wear this when you get home to provide a visual to those around you that you are recovering and should be treated like a PRINCESS." and on the wand I wrote-"Use this to remind those around you that you are the recovering PRINCESS and when you ask for something, your wish needs to be immediately granted. All these items were put into a princess bag. I will be giving it to her today. Knowing her, she will laugh hysterically. I am providing that information for her family so they give her the time she needs to recover.
Well, I will be signing on to see who visits throughout the summer. I love to hear how you all are doing and how your vacations are going.
Talk to you all soon.
s,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone! Today my summer offically starts. Well for at least a week. I am teaching summer school this year. My hysterversary came and went. I stopped taking my HRT 4 weeks ago. I did well until this week. I started having night sweats and hot flashes. I broke down on Wednesday and started wearing my patch again. I go see the doc next week to discuss other options. I interviewed again for other positions within my district. This year I kept bugging the head or HR the last week of school. I finally got a curt email back that said I did not get any of the jobs I for which I applied. I've decided to wait a couple of weeks and go see him to find out what I did wrong and how to improve for next year. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Unread 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello hystersisters! I know I've been away for a long time. Honestly, there have been weeks when I haven't even thought about my hyster. Isn't that a blessing? A year ago I was so afraid of life without my uterus and now I know I was worried for naught. Life is still good here in our neck of the woods. I've been enjoying summer for a couple of weeks now, since we finished up May 24th. Next year will be the first year in my 9 year career that I don't have to change grades, change schools, or change rooms. WooHoo! I hope everyone is doing well. Hello to all the "new" folks. I promise to go back and read what I've missed and get to know everyone. I just wanted to drop in and say thanks again to all the teachers here who helped me get through those first few months after my surgery. A year later, it's all good for me and I'm glad I did it. I am especially glad I did it with much support from this group and my IRL friends and family. Hope everyone is doing just as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm baaaack! : )

Hi!
Things have been NUTS here!
Mom has 2 kinds of bladder cancer, breast cancer, and 2 melanomas on her leg. They just found a suspicious spot in her lung.
My brother has prostate cancer and just had it surgically removed.
I just had a breast biopsy yesterday and have an ovary that I am having tests done on next month.
(Lots of uptake on the PET scan.)
I am also looking for a new teaching position.
I don't know about ya'll...but 10 years of teaching 5th grade plus the TAKS tests....UGH!!!....I NEED a change!
My principal does not get it...even when I start to have facial twitches as I plead...He says that 5th grade is where I am needed and belong...
Sooo, I guess that sanity does not matter!!!
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
It's SOOOOH good to hear from you again. I receiving a notification and found a whole lot of postings on the same day.

So very pleased everyone's over the original hyst. Thanks for the good wishes Cathy - like you, I forgot until I had a message today. Must be a good sign that we're all moving on. I still think of you all, though - and will ever be grateful for the friendship and for those months when we kept in touch so regularly. It was a lifeline.

Equally, it's good to hear that everyone's back to a busy life. Sorry for those with further problems - special hugs m5trent - remember to keep positive.

You all seem to finish much earlier than us - and begin again in the autumn earlier. We still have four weeks to go and finish on 7th July. It's a busy time with 16-18 year olds doing public exams alongside younger students doing school exams.

Well enjoy the summer everyone - take good care.

Love to all.
Mary.
Unread 06-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Teachers unite!

Well Mary, here we go again. Last year we were got out together and were the last. I was suppose to get out yesterday, the 16th. However, we had extreme flooding a week after our spring break and lost another full week. Due to the state of emergency, the kids (of the Massachusetts)will only have to make up until the 23rd. The teachers have to make up every day. My district started back earlier, so we get out Mon. the 26th, other local schools have to go the entire week.

My two year anniversary has come and gone. I'm doing well, so I haven't made a check up appointment yet. It's on my to do list when I get out. I also want to look into an eye exam. (No pun intended.) Has anyone heard of getting a contact for one eye instead of flipping your reading glasses on and off a zillion times a day to see the kids? If so, would you let me know how you feel about it? I really don't want bifocals and people have told me there are other options.

Hope everyone is healthy, relaxing, enjoying their families and taking time for themselves. Kathy
Unread 06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Teachers unite!

Hi again,
I just read Kathy's post - good to hear from you. Commiserations over the late release from school!
Had to reply because I had the same problem with eyesight. I had varifocals - and have now worn them for several years. I used to be constantly taking glasses on and off but the 'new' ones are wonderful. More expensive, but so good to be able to read and see at a distance with the same pair. There is a small area of 'crossover' - for instance when looking at a computer screen not in the usual position I sometimes have to raise or lower my head - but that's all. Hope this helps.
Love to all.
Unread 07-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Hello Again

Hello Sisters,
It has been some time since I have been here. There are many reasons for that. One of the biggest is a computer that won't cooperate.
I really could have used all the support.
On June 13, I ended up back in to have the right ovary and tube removed due to more adhesions. I am still trying to recover. They told me this would be an easier recovery from the last surgery. I feel like such a wimp. Not only did he remove the ovary and tube but he told me that he had a lot of scar tissue removal as well. The left side was worse than the right but he couldn't remove it because it wasn't on the consent form. I had been having trouble with the right side since last August and we kept thinking it was kidney stones. The pain was exactly like I had it when I had a stone get lodged and it had to be surgically removed. Finally the family dr. sent me back to the OB/GYN and he figured it was more adhesions and endometriosis. It turned out it was adhering to the bowel. Although the left one was adhered more. It is so weird because the left side never hurt until the surgery. I asked the dr. what will prevent another surgery and all he did was cross his fingers. Then he proceeded to tell me that my body was bizarre. Well, what do you say to that.
My days are better but my nights stink. I still have trouble switching positions in bed.
During the day I feel so good that I overdue it and then I pay at night. I thought this was over March 2005. I am sure to have more surgery down the road once the left readheres. At least that is what the family dr. thinks. I will cross that bridge if and when it happens. Then do I have the cervix removed as well at that time so that I don't end up having four procedures total until it is all out?
Well, I want to get on with the summer and start enjoying it before having to go back. I can't believe we will be in mid-July by next weekend. The summer is going by way too fast. I haven't done anything for work or in this house that I planned to do this summer. I hope you all enjoy your summer.
I guess I need to change my signature to include the removal of the ovary and tube. Does anyone know where the abbreviations for that are listed on this site?
Hugs,
Diane
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Dear Sisters:
Glad to see the thread gets a hit periodically. I hope everyone is doing well. The summer has seemed to roll on by and in just about 3 weeks it's back to school for me. I've been busy taking care of my Dad and getting caught up on my summer projects. I took a trip to North Carolina and had a splendid time. Then traveled to Tampa for a week-long workshop on intensive reading instruction. Other than that - just enjoying my time off.
Please take a moment to write......DeSatch - rest and try not to overdo it. You have been through a lot and now you just need to allow your body to heal.
Blessings to all of you!
Cathy
Unread 07-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi everyone,
Yes it's really good to see some activity again.

So sorry to hear of your troubles, Diane, and hope you make a good and speedy recovery. At least you know how to be good and rest so you recover as speedily as possible.

Well we've just finished our school year and tomorrow will be the first day of the holidays. It's such a relief not to have a burden of work hanging over. Cathy I can't believe you're going back to school in THREE weeks - that's so soon! I hope you're really rested from the break - your trips sound just what was needed.

We've had a sad few weeks as FIL became really frail and weak, then had a stroke, and sadly died two weeks ago. So it's been a very mixed end of term with the funeral this week and then two days of relative normality before finishing. He had a good life and in a way it wasn't unexpected, but we didn't expect it right now.

So - the summer holiday is doubly welcome - we go back at the beginning of September.

DD and friend (who is now living here on and off) are home from uni and working at a children's activity camp until the end of next week. We all then hope to go off to France for a few weeks. I'll try and look in, but don't know yet if we'll have internet access.

Hope everyone enjoys the summer break - it really is well earned with teachers!

Love to all.
Mary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register