Teachers unite! - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 07-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone.

Diane, I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you are taking it easy.

Mary, I am so sorry about your FIL. I don't think death is ever expected. My father was in hospice and it still was unexpected when he died. You need to relax this break.

Cathy, I return to school in three weeks also. Ugh! I have no clue where the time has gone. I have done nothing during my time off.

We are taking MIL to her 53rd highschool reunion in next week. It is the only vaction we are going to have for awhile. Dh's new job starts on the 17th.

I hope all is well.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Teachers unite!

Good Morning,

Mary so sorry to hear about your FIL. When it happens so fast it is a shock no matter what. I remember my MIL being diagnosed with two types of cancer and in less than a month being gone. She had no signs up until the day it hit hard.

Cathy and Chris, I am so sorry to hear that you are ready to return in three weeks. I teach a course two days the first week of August and have been in and out doing little things but nothing much to speak of. I had planned on doing much more than what I have accomplished.
s,
Diane

Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Unread 07-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Teachers unite!

I am just crashing this thread because it seems somewhat appropriate for my question.
I had a hysterectomy in May and thought while I was recovering I'd take a college course by correspondence. Fine. The assignment I'm doing now asks me to interview other teachers and get their answers on these three questions:
1. What activities do you use in your classroom to build the self-esteem of your students?
2. How do you celebrate the success of students?
3. What do you feel helps you to be successful in the classroom?
If anyone out there has the time/inclination to answer any or all of those questions it would be deeply, deeply appreciated.
stay cool.
and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone, today is my 3rd hysterversary. It looks like the last activity on our thread was a year ago, but it was certainly a lifeline during my recovery. To all the teachers out there recovering this summer or just enjoying some time off, best wishes.
Sarah
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Sarah and any Hyst Sister friends out there!
It's good to have a posting. Happy hysterversary to all those posting when were were visiting this thread so regularly, and any other teachers reading this.

So much has happened in those three years. Hope you're all well.

How's the garden Sarah? I thought about you and Cathy when I saw some bottle brush plants in a garden centre this year - I hadn't heard about them until you described them.

We (DH and I) both retired this year and are greatly enjoying our new freedom. We've bought a little cottage in France and are working on that. Meantime, DH does a lot of gardening and I sew, cook, write, etc.

Have a great summer.
Mary xx
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Teachers unite!

Hi Mary! Retired... how wonderful! Why am I not surprised that you found a cottage in France? I'm so happy for you. You certainly worked hard for it. Bet you won't miss grading the exams, but are you finding things a little quiet at first?

My garden is doing well, just needs a little weeding and fertilizing. I'll get that done this week. I left the day after school ended for a three week trip to China and Korea, a sort of in-depth sightseeing tour for teachers. It was amazing.

Cheers,
Sarah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register