Teachers unite! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 08-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Teachers unite!

Congratulations on new grandbaby Mary! Enjoy your trip to France.

I am so jealous of those who got to go somewhere over the summer break. I just keep counting down until October. My district is on a year round schedule and we get a two week break starting October 17th. Dh and I decided to take a vacation at that time.

Sarah, I'm glad you had a wonderful time on your trip.

Donna, how was your first day back?

Well, I have to get to school. We spend tomorrow in meetings all day. So I lose another day to prepare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Hello

My goodness where has the time gone? I started work last week working with the new teachers to the district (500+) and then today was our first official day back. I was quite sad to leave my furry friends at home. Then to top it off, our principal had a 4 and 1/2 hour meeting. Talk about exhausting. I left 3 hours later with little accomplished. So sorry to start this thread in a negative way. I feel like I have missed out on everyone's lives for the past week. I never got a message indicating there was a new post.
So - how is everyone doing?
Mary - congratulations to you. Sarah is receiving the best life lesson on this wonderful adventure of hers. I love the photos of the new baby as well. Enjoy France.
Cindy - my dear sweet Cindy - what is going on with the auto situation. We need to get you into a support group. I hope things have gotten back to normal for you. Poor DD......driving is not looking good for her. Hang in there. You have such a positive spirit.
Sarah - I went to the Holocaust exhibit as well and it is mind boggling. My mother, grandmother and great grandmother all experienced the Holocaust. They had to flee to China during the war. The stories my mother tells are unbelievable. When does school start for you? Have they talked to you about the mentoring opportunities? let me know.
Christine - don't those endless meetings frustrate you? I can't begin to tell you how behind I am and I have just started. I wish there was a better way. Perhaps we can just vent here.
Debi H.- how are you feeling? Getting back into the swing of things is a slow and frustrating process. It does get better.
Donna - Bless you! So nice to see your posts. Hope you are settled in.
Diane, Kim, Ruth - hope things are going well for you.
Thinking of all of you.
Blessings.
Cathy
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy, I was astounded by the diaspora... I had no idea how many countries took in refugees before the holocaust began... except the US, which refused to take any until after the war. I go back Monday, students the 15th. I won't know anything about NBCT until Nov.

It's not negative to notice that your principal took up 4 1/2 hours. That's just keeping things in perspective, something your admin. forgot to do.

Christine, my only trip last summer was to empty the house of my great-aunt who has Alzheimer's so the family could sell it. I selfishly confess that I found comfort in the time of healing. I'm sorry to be such a bore about finding the positive.

Mary, I wish blessings like rain on your family. Congratulations!

All good days for projects this week.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Teachers unite!

I'm still here! I am attending a Summer Academy here- three days of seminars on math and reading. I'm enjoying the time spent with my colleagues. Everyone looks so excited and well-rested. Of course there were no children here... It was the longest day I've worked since my surgery and I'm rather worn out, in a good way. :-) I really needed this time to get my head back into the game.
Unread 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh, my!

Well, we've nearly finished a week of Jump Start. I certainly hope the beginning of the year TPRI data shows better results than my unscientific observations of student performance. The kids I've seen so far in this program have forgotten most of what they learned (and knew last May) last year. A couple of the new second graders need review on the Open Court Sound/Spelling Cards. They've just forgotten how to read.

I compared it, with my colleagues today, to learning how to swim or ride a bike. For me, once I got those intertubes out from around me, or the training wheels off, I had the stuff mastered. Sadly, these kids have obviously not been reading this summer. (sigh)

Cathy - I guess you're not the only one venting today. Must be in the air. Glad to have you back tho'. Maybe I should start my own group: PPDA (Parents of Poor Drivers Anonymous). (feeble attempt at smiling). DD and DSIL made the most of it though. She sent pictures of her feeding him grapes as he laid in bed with a sultan-like turban wrapped around his injured head. Sorry your principal was so long winded. Didn't you have that same problem last year? Or was it one of the others? Seems like someone had to leave before the meeting was over because of

Debi - On getting back in the game: Good luck with the or should I say, be prepared for it. We all felt that way in the beginning and for a long time post-op. I hope the head clearing goes better for you than it did for me, anyway.

Sarah - Sounds like your DC trip was a good one. Being a history junkie, I have wanted to visit the Holocaust Museum myself. Maybe someday. Thanks for the forecast.

Donna - Thinking of you on your first week back.

I'm sure Mary is having a wonderful time in France. Hope to hear from everyone else soon.

s to all,
Cindy
Unread 08-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Teachers unite!

Hello Everyone,
The first week has been WOW lots of kids lots of paper work. Lots of new teachers..take good care donna
Unread 08-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello to my dear sisters:
What a week this has been. Besides the long faculty meeting on Tuesday, we had another on Wednesday afternoon, then "meet your teacher" on Thursday, and yet two more on Friday. I was able to skip out of the p.m. session as the urologist called for a surgical procedure. They did this bladder distension..? sp where they knock you out and fill your bladder to maximum capacity and look at it with a camera. I don't know the results yet. I was in the recovery room for some time and then sent home with the happy pills. I only took one and hope to be back in the swing of things soon. I felt more like a flashback from last summer.
Anyways - I am behind at school and hope to be able to get in a few hours on Sunday before the little darlings begin on Monday.
Cindy - don't you just hate it when the little ones forget what you worked so hard to help them learn? Perhaps once they get in the swing of things it will all come back to them. I like your comparison about learning how to swim.
Sarah - how are you spending your last few days of vacation? I hope they are filled with peace and rest.
Donna - slow down.....I know how everything seems to hit you right when you get back. Remember your health and "stay focused"
DebiH - the academy sounds refreshing. It's always nice to spend time with peers talking about interesting teacher topics. We never get enough time to do that.
Hello to all the other dear sisters.
My love to all.
Cathy
Unread 08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,

I finally got my room together for Monday. I have to say that this is one of the best looking rooms I've produced for awhile. Everything is neat, clean, and in its place. We spent all day Wednesday and part of Thursday in meetings. Which were pretty standard. We have 6 new teachers and 4 new paraprofessional's this year. Oh, and the principal from had hip surgery in June. She will be in the back building until next quarter. The assistants will be in the same building as myself.

Cathy, I hope everything turns out fine with your bladder.

Well I am off to the store. A few of my things disappeared in the move that I need for Monday.
Unread 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy, I hope you're feeling better. I had no idea you were having problems. You were very quiet about that. Hoping for your quick recovery and no flashbacks.

I had a great weekend, thanks for asking, gardening and framing pictures for an engagement present for my sister, until Sunday afternoon when the neighbor's dog attacked one of our cats. Frida is just now beginning to come out of shock. She was badly bruised but no punctures. I broke up the fight and got a little poison ivy from getting Frida out of the woods but not bad. Later I found out the dog has rebroken his leg... couldn't be from Frida, had to be a car. The neighbor offered to pay our vet bills. How nice. And they're going to further measures to keep the dog in. Then today the utility company is drilling in the front yard so kitties are housebound this week.

Christine or Debi... which of you had the abandoned treasures in your room? I thought of you today when I saw a new history teacher standing at her door with the former teacher's stuff in two huge cascading piles for trash pick-up.

Morale is low at school because we lost our excellent program director and her position is not being refilled. We have all new assistant principals. A lot of us didn't get the schedules we were promised and it means a smaller paycheck. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things fell out with the master schedule. Anyway, I've spent a lot of time just letting people talk in my room. That's an important part of pre-planning too, I realized. Luckily I have a great team of 9th grade teachers to work with so I know we'll hold up our end just fine.

Mary, Donna, Cindy, and all, I think of you every day and hope you're doing well. I often find myself sharing your wisdom with my teaching friends at school. Well, back to getting ready for the first day...

Love,
Sarah
Unread 08-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Teachers unite!

Hi Everyone,
A bit down..school is yucky and I don't know if it is me or if the new junk they are requiring of us is wearing at the moment..I really have to make myself go to school and it is only the second week. Oh well..I really have to go and pray about all of this.. sarah I feel for you I know your heart..Ladies.. I am thinking fondly of all of you as we start our new year with the children..I love you and hugs to each of you Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register