Teachers unite! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers unite! Teachers unite!

Unread 08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Teachers unite!

Thanks for all your concern for Frida. She is officially a lucky cat. I took her for a recheck today and she's healing well considering the bite trauma to her abdomen. If I hadn't chased the dog away she would be dead. The neighbor wrote me a check today and is training the dog to a shock collar. Not what I would wish on any animal. As DH pointed out, however, our cats stay in our yard. Frida is really changed by this. She seems only too happy to stay in the house now and doesn't struggle at the vet's.

We have one principal and 3 aps, Cindy, and about 2000 students. Today went well. They are a lively group and that's always good.

DH is home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Teachers unite!

Sarah - Wow! That is a lot. Our school, K-3, is looking to hit 700 this year. We're quite small, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I know the kids and they know me. I still get stumped occasionally, but I do know most of them.

Tomorrow is another inservice day. I wish I could just get in my classroom! I have CPR training most of the day and a PE inservice/planning meeting in the afternoon.

I took my 14-yr-old DD to the high school today to walk her around the halls and find her classes. She got her locker and asked lots of questions. Sarah, I suppose if we lived in Gainesville, she may be in your English class this year.

Hope everyone is feeling well...or getting there.

Hope to hear from some of our friends soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

s,
Cindy
Unread 08-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
Well I'm back from France. Had a wonderful time being country bumpkins - just living for nearly two weeks in a really quiet little French village in the Auvergne mountains. Didn't do anything really touristy - but the pace of life there is slow and the scenery beautiful - very therapeutic. Stopped off at the Loire valley (vine country) on the way back.

Thanks so much to everyone for the good wishes - little George is doing very well.

Today was down to earth with a bump! I had a lot of admin to do and had phone calls all day from anxious students. Tomorrow I'm in school for results of A level and AS level exams and to help students sort out their courses for next year - either final year at school or first year at uni.

There are so many posts in two weeks! We can certainly talk - but it's great to know that there is so much support here. I've read through - and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. A big to you all - I've missed you a lot.

Very best wishes to those back at school already, or about to start. It still seems early to us over here. The whole school is not back here until first week in September - just exam students collecting results.

Cathy so sorry you've been suffering - do hope the procedure eases things - and maybe eliminates others? It's hard to be cheerful about school when you're not feeling well yourself. That seems a rather harsh ratio. I had a class with 4 disruptive students last year - reasonably able but with behaviour problems - and it was just one or two too many. Spread thinly they're easier to cope with.

Diane I couldn't help but laugh at the scan of your uterus! Seriously though, I do hope you soon begin to feel well again.

Donna I think we often feel life is hard when we new schemes pushed on to us. We're more comfortable with the familiar, and new things aren't always better. I hope you can be positive and soon be your usual cheery self.

Sarah sorry about Frida. It's worrying when pets are hurt. One of our DS's little dogs had surgery last week after scratching his eye on bramble thorns. I feel so sorry for him. He actually looks quite like this one

Cindy I hope those floods aren't too bad. Is DD looking forward to her new school? They suddenly seem to grow up fast.

Hope the seminar went well Debi. Perhaps a good way to get back into school without children around you.

Christine that's a big turn over in staff. Good luck with your dealings with administration.

Well I should go and do other things - and get some sleep ready for tomorrow. Seems like the storm after the calm.

Hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone. Love to all.
Mary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Teachers unite!

Cindy, I would love to have your daughter in class.

Mary, glad you're back safely. Hope the puppy comes along well with his recovery. Where can I see pictures of Little George? I missed them somehow.

Thinking of you all.

Sarah
Unread 08-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Teachers unite!

Oy! Sisters,
We are already on the third page of our third thread. I guess that is one of the reasons we are teachers--we love to talk.

Everyone I talk to seems to be getting a good laugh that the doctor reading my scan found a uterus after it was taken out in March. I have several different comments:
maybe you grew another one
maybe you had two
maybe the doctor didn't take it out and just played golf in there
and my all time favorite that really makes me laugh
Maybe your pregnant! YIKES!!

I had my MRI today and hopefully will have results by Friday. I was the fifth patient on a brand spanking new machine. They took extra time because they were having hands on training. The man training the girls was trying to line up these things that get strapped to you and he proceeds to show the girls a quick way find the location of a persons kidneys. He proceeds to say that normally they are normally in line with the crook of the elbow when the arms are down at your sides. I started to laugh and said, "You are need dealing with your average person." They all got a chuckle out of that. Then he was telling them not to worry about where my arms were because they were interested in the area of my uterus. I proceeded to say, "I hope you DON'T find a uterus." I thought the one girl was going to fall over. Then I explained why I didn't want them to find one. Then they smiled.

I am anxious to find out the results of this one. You all may be reading about me in the National Inquire if they find a uterus in there. LOL.

Trying to get into school mode, but having difficulty. Went into my room twice this week to rearrange the whole room for my wheelchair bound student. I had to move almost everything to provide access for him. I couldn't sleep one night this week and was awake from two in the morning. I worked on lesson plans for the first week and new getting to know you and community building activities I do the first few weeks of school. I am a little annoyed because our one computer guy went to another district and didn't set up my new web log site. He didn't teach me how to log the new students in and secure the site. When I emailed the head of the department, he assumed I wasn't happy with what we did last year because I wasn't ready to present it as a summer academy to other staff members. I didn't want to do it yet because I couldn't talk about easily and didn't want all my answers to questions to be " I don't know." Now I don't have a web log site.
I guess we will go back to pencil and paper reader response logs instead of web based ones. I am disappointed because I got more from the students when they worked through the web log than I did with pencil and paper. I don't know why because they were the same types of assignments.

Trying to plan a last minute vacation for this Saturday until next Saturday at the Jersey shore and not being very successful in finding a place. My DH was just told he could get time off. Haven't done much this summer and feel really bad for all my children. If we find a place we will be packing in a hurry.

Enjoy the remainder of the summer for those of you that still have summer vacation left.

Good luck to the start of school for those that have already started. I hope things calm down for those of you that are having a difficult time with administrators that do not understand. Things aren't going as usual for the start up of this year because we have a new principal that has never done a school year start. The secretary is going crazy and as a result when we go in and ask for something we get our heads bit off.

Diane
Unread 08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello Sisters:
Welcome back Mary! As always you seem to take the most peaceful trips. Just once I would love to tag along. I just know I would come back refreshed and full of enriching tales. You are jumping right back into things. I hope the pace evens itself out and you can relax a bit. Give the recuperating puppy a hug for me.
Sarah - So glad Frida is doing well. Mary is so right. When your little darlings are hurting you feel so helpless. You certainly have a lot of students on your campus. How in the world do you find your way around?
Cindy - that can be so frustrating when you simply want to get to your room to work! I have been there and know exactly what you are talking about. I bet DD is excited about her new school endeavor. How about you?
Diane - hope the scan can provide some insight into your troubles. I am sure this test won't show a uterus. You seemed to have several people involved making sure it was done right. I am sorry to hear about your computer glitches. I am experiencing that myself. My monitor went into sleep mode and never came out of it. Unfortunately it is my work computer at school!
The good news about school is that I spoke to the principal and she was not aware of the 5 placed in my room and the ability level. She immediately dispersed them into other classes. Now I just have two. I feel much more relaxed now.
They did another sonogram on my bladder and the good news is that I am officially emptying it as I should. Yippee! The not so good news is that the pain in the abdomen seems to have worsened. They have placed me on a drug that they hope will try to fend off the Lupus scenario and how it might be causing the body to attack the bladder. The only thing it does for me is make me goofy. I don't know how much longer I can take this stuff. It's actually funny to watch me in action. The only precaution was not to operate large machinery.....Just say no to tractors!
You have to laugh or else you might cry.
Thanks again for your support.
Hello to the other sisters - Donna - I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Hope you are well.
My love to all!
Cathy
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Teachers unite!

Cathy- So glad to hear that the bladder is working better but sorry to hear that you still have pain. Being goofy isn't such a bad thing unless it makes you tired.
I am so glad to hear that the students were moved and things are more managable. It is so hard when you want to make a difference in all your students' lives but you can't because of the class load you are given. Now everyone will benefit. It pays to say something now and again. I used to just manage whatever I was given. Now if I don't feel it is to the benefit of the whole, I speak up and then things start to happen. I don't do it often so when I do it makes an impact.
Diane
Unread 08-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Urgent yikes

Hello dear Sisters;
This is an urgent request...As many of you know I have had type 1 diabetes for 35 yrs..I have done well with the disease on the outside but the inside has had significant problems..I have kept in tight control..but my extreme lows has caused me to have mini strokes in my brain this has caused me to become VERY depressed because I can't fix this..Now my Dr's and family have come to the precise conclusion that it is time for me to medically retire in of all things DEC. if as my dr says I can make it that long by hiding the "problems" the mini strokes are causing me to have. Teaching has been my entire life. I do not know anything else. Now as I finish this I must go and talk with my principal I have a huge lump in my throat..
MARY..It is so good to have you BACK
Take good care and I love each of you Donna
Unread 08-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Teachers unite!

Donna, I am continually amazed by your strength. Talk to people you trust. Tell them how you are feeling. You must feel you are being squeezed on all sides-- health, family, career. Take your time making this decision. Something will happen that will be like a sign for you and then you will know what is the right thing for you to do. I am giving you a very long hug right now.
Cathy, ah, the wonders of catching admin at a receptive moment. Good work, that was skillful!
Everyone have a great weekend.
Sarah
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Teachers unite!

Hello everyone,
Popped in to have a quick look - but had to reply. Donna we've been worried about you - you have had such a tough time this last year - and now this. Please do talk to someone - as Sarah says - you need to do this. Most of all you should do what is best for your own health. Much as your students appreciate you - they will survive. We all learned that last year having the hysts. Please take care of yourself.
Love and prayers coming your way, and many s

Cathy that's great news about the sonogram result. Let's hope that drug works on the abdo pain now. Meantime make sure you don't drive any tractors! I'd love to meet up on holiday. Don't have any planned for now though. It's back to the grind with a bang.

Must go now - it's late here. Love to all.
Mary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register