rectal pain?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectal pain?? rectal pain??

Unread 07-27-2005, 06:39 AM
rectal pain??

well i have had my situation go from bad to worse!! i went to the uyrogyn and set up the surgery for aug 12.. (VERY SCARED!!!!!!!!) he made me "bare down" to see the rectocele and cyctocele and i think we made it fall even more! i have been having BM issues for almost a week and now i have a vaginal discharge? and recal pain right before i have a bm movement (doesn't happen offten) and after for a long time... what the heck????? i know i'm having surgery for this (I HOPE THEY FIX IT) someone recommended coliace so i think i'm off to the store today to see if that helps... my DH took a vacation the first week of aug. so we can do something special before i have to go in.... AUGH any ideas why i'm having recal pain now??? wow wish this was all over already just want to be normal again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
rectal pain

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I had an enterocele repair a year
ago, of which I was in constant misery, but now I have this extreme pain
all day after a bm, it starts about 5 minutes after. And, too, stool or air
bubbles get caught in there, and I have awful rectum pain that permeates
entire pelvic area. I just palpated about an inch into my vagina posterierly,
pressed toward the rectum and I could feel where the pain was(had thought
it was coming from the cuff) but I really believe it is coming from the rectum
which of couse has to be a rectocele, and possibly adhesions. All I know is that I'm constant pain, and feel like I need to have a bm and can't, like it
gets right down in there and gets stuck. The Dr that did my enterocele, said
at that time that I only had an enterocele, and not a rectocele, I thought
even then that I had a rectocele ,because I was having some of the same
problems. Now I'm faced with another surgery. I've already had 4 including
emergency surgery for tubes, and then a hyst. 5 surgeries in 5 years. I can't
afford to be out of work. But that bowel just moves to a different place.
One of the surgeons said I had too much colon(redundand colon) so I guess
it just keeps pushing out or something. It's hard to get anything out of these
Dr.s But I just can't live like this. Anyway coffeelover I know your misery.slt
Unread 07-27-2005, 06:31 PM
rectal pain??

thanks for the reply..i'm sorry you have so much pain.. how long have you had it?? mine just started yesterday. (i looked and sorry to be graphic,but there is a larger bulge then there was a few days ago...) now it's almost like i have two bulges one in the vaginal area and the othe rectum.. will it just turn into one large bulge??? UGH!!
anyways thanks for the reply. when are you having surgery?to fix your rectocele?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
rectal pain??

hello
I had a rectocele and enterocele repaired in Jan. I had rectal and vaginal pain leading up to the surgery. As a matter of fact I continue having these problems. I am going to have another defecography, because I continue with bm issues. I can feel a big lump of bm in the bottom og my vagina just like before. I have t push down on it about 50% of the time to go.I know how frustrating this is for you. I believe I have another prolapse of some sort connected to this problem. I also have a small cystocele now. I get a weird pain on the bottom left of my vagina. It feels like something is pushing towards the back of my vagina. I hate to have another surgery, but d*****ately can't keep living like this either.It will be interesting to see what the defecography shows.
I had my TAH, GB surgerey and posterior repairs within a nine month perios, so I know what you mean by not wanting another surgery. My surgery consultation with the uro/gyn is in a week. I still have to wait for the defecography the colon rectal surgeon ordered. The barium is still under recall and it might take a long time for me to get a appt. I am afraid I may need a major repair. I also have stress incontinence and possible nerve problems.
You really should have been on fiber and colace as soon as you found out you had a prolapse. Straining really makes it worst.
I hope your surgery fixes this problem for you.
Peggy
Unread 07-27-2005, 08:15 PM
rectal pain??

Has your Dr questioned if the pain and problem could be due to your endo?
I had my hsyt in May and now heading back in for colon removal from endo that went out of control!!!!
it has grown thru the colon walls and is now sufocating nerves and it feels like I have a broken tail bone...but it also causes a lot of swelling and discomfort...
My Dr did say it is very common in women with out of control endo....I hope you are able to get it resolved and you will feel amazing when this is all said and done! I am sooooo happy to have the surgery behind me aside from the cramps from the BMs but I feel great!

Good luck and have fun with your DH before your surgery!!!!!!

Jabs
Unread 07-28-2005, 05:04 AM
rectal/colon

You wonder if these Dr. know anything, I am so frustrated! One thing I was told after one of my surgeries was that I had a redundant colon, that it was
about a foot and a half too long. So I believe that when
they fixed the enterocele that colon which had been in
the top of the vagina was forced to move toward the
rectum, and the weight of it has pushed into the vagina
from the rectum area. What the Drs don't tell you about
these hysts is that when they take out the uterus, the
support of the colon, is removed ,and you have a collapse
of everything. Some women don't have these problems,
or just don't know what is going on, and the Drs treat
it like a big mystery, but is basically collapse. I've been
with pain meds for a couple of days, and the reality of
it all has really hit, I am in misery.slt

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register