Endometrial Polyp????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Polyp????? Endometrial Polyp?????

Unread 07-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Endometrial Polyp?????

Hi sisters, I had my 6 week checkup today and my doc let me read the pathology report. The only thing I really understood were too things:

1. uterus weight 143 g
2. presence of endometrial polyp

Now, I was hoping there would be some logical explanation as to why my periods had become so heavy and clots so large (golf ball size), and cramping so bad.

Has anybody else's doc enlightened them as to whether or not polyp's can cause this? I asked him and he just said "there's no way to tell, sometimes they come and go with your cycle".

Anybody else know anything about this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Endometrial Polyp?????

I can't awnser your question on the endometrial polyp - but would be interested to know the answer - my pathology report had that listed too.
Unread 07-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Endometrial Polyp?????

According to my Miller-Kean Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, a polyp is "any growth or mass protruding from a mucous membrane....they are usually an overgrowth of normal tissue, but sometimes polyps are true tumors....Usually benign, they may lead to complications or eventually become malignant."

Here's the part about endometrial polyps from the same source: "Polyps are most commonly found in the uterus where they may cause excessive menstrual flow and sometimes sterility. They are often removed by surgery."

If you have any questions about your path reports, you should always ask your doc, since he or she is best equipped to sort through all the medical mumbo-jumbo and explain things to you. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Endometrial Polyp?????

Thanks VeggieChef
Unread 07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Endometrial Polyp?????

I had endometrial polyps removed in Dec. 04 during a D&C. I had had an ablasion scheduled for the heavy bleeding, nasty clumps of blood, etc. but it was canceled due to suspicious findings at my pre-op ultrasound. Me Dr. said the polyps can cause irritation of the endo. lining, and cause some of the bad bleeding. The polyp looks like a little broccoli twig, or mushroom, with a big top coming off of a stem.

I spend almost an hour looking up terms from my path report! Did you get a copy, or just read it in the office. I asked for a copy. I had to sign a release but then I could get a copy.
L

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register