4 1/2 weekers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 1/2 weekers 4 1/2 weekers

Unread 08-01-2005, 07:21 PM
4 1/2 weekers

I had TVH & BSO on 06/30/05 - just wanted to ask how all of you are doing? I went back to work today - 8 hours - (desk type of job) - but after a 2 hour mtg this morning I really began to hurt/ache - . I got emotional only twice (good thing) but still foggy. I am exhausted now. My husband is stressing out now - (guess it is his turn) - and I think he is "over" my issues - so I don't feel comfortable explaining to him my issues right now. I am on Vivelle dot .05 but wonder if I need larger dose? - I am having emotional times, crabby at the drop of a hat and exhausted. I don't go back to the doc until 6 wks but wondering if I should get back sooner for medication change? Plus to add to this am looking at changing jobs - surgery was life altering (in a positive way) with my outlook on career! My poor hubby - wish I could be there for him - but right now - I just am too tired!
Thanks for the support - and wishing you all happy and healthy recoveries!
sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
4 1/2 weekers

Hi Sara,

I had TAH/BSO same day as you did. I'm going back to my desk job next Monday, the 8th, with my 6-week checkup scheduled for the 11th.

I've been saying all along that if it weren't for the gas pains and insomnia, my hysterectomy would have been a breeze! Today, I couldn't say that. I woke up with terrible pains in my left side. I have had trouble laying on my left side ever since the operation. This morning's pain was as bad as the pain I had at 1 week. I didn't do anything strenuous to cause this, but I have been working on a jigsaw puzzle, and I think I have been spending so much time on it that my body may be revolting (too much sitting in one position too long). It could be that I slept on my left side too much last night, but I know when I feel asleep and woke up I was on my back both times. I took a pain pill about noon and went back to sleep for a few hours. The pain is just now returning. Hopefully the pain will be gone by tomorrow morning because I really need to go to the shelter and pet the dogs (I'm having withdrawl!).

I do know if it's this bad in the morning, I may call the doctor.

When I go back to work the 8th, it will be full time. I read on here that my sleep problems will go away once I get back into my normal routine. This being up until 6:00 a.m. is NOT me.

If it weren't for the gas pains and the insomnia and today's pain, my hysterectomy would be a breeze!

Take care!
Rene
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
4 1/2 weekers

Hi - TAH on June 28th - I went back to work today too. Boy am I tired! I am only supossed to do half days 'till the 15th, but I ended up there for seven hours. I did start getting tired there but the biggest drain happened after I got home and sat down for a while when I went to get up - everything ached! Now I am walking around hunched over like I did at 1 week. I will for sure stick to my half day tomorrow. Sara I kept my ovaries so I can't help you there. But I hear ya on the tired! Rene, I got some bad pains after I sat a long time to do a puzzle too. It was fun to do but I paid for it. BooBoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2005, 11:02 PM
4 weeker tomorrow

I had my TAH BSO on July 5th. I plan on going back to work on the 8th for half days and full time starting the 15th.

I feel really good some days and reallly bad on others. I thought I would be feeling back to normal by now. Over the weekend went for a drive in the mountains with the family, felt pretty good until I got home and then spent the next day in bed with side pains. Going back to work scares me, I have a very stressful job (payroll) and they expect a lot of hours. I too have been thinking of changing my job.

One thing I still notice is that my bladder doesn't feel normal. I still feel a lot of pressure when going to the bathroom. Doc said it is normal b/c my uterus was enlarged, hopefully it will get better.
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
women can be unreal!!

hello -

i had a tah/bso on the 7 july 05, i work for a family owned business (13 yrs.) my conversation with my stepmother upseted me today
(she is the accountant). we were discussing my dr appt. tomrrow regarding sleeping meds. which she thinks is a bad idea; she feels that all i need to do is return to my desk job;" paper isn't heavy and if i get tired go home". "there want be much stress because everyone is aware that i've been sick" (hell i wasn't sick; just had my inside ripped out. once i get back in a routine my sleep would return (mind you that i am tired when i do get out of the bed and wearing a patch that dr say give it time to get in my system (another issue)lol). then she continues to say that i have used up all my time so i want get a pay check next period. if my side wasn't hurting i would have cussed her out!! hormones running amouck (you think ). before i said something we both might regret, told her that i have enough hotdogs and tuna stacked up. got off the phone, i think she understood. women can be unreal sometimes!!!!
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:51 PM
4 1/2 weekers

I had a LSH on July 5 with complications that required a second surgery on July 6 for internal bleeding. I'm taking my full six weeks of leave and plan to return on Aug 18. I may ask the dr at my six week check up about 1/2 days for a while as well. My job is very demanding and they expect 150%. Since I'm only at about 40-50% right now, I'm not quite sure how that will work.

Patti
Unread 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
4 1/2 weekers

Patti,

I am so sorry you had so many complication! I am glad you may ask the doctor about half days. Don't go back until you are up to it. Take care of yourself!!

Rene
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
4 1/2 weekers

Dear friends
Sounds as though we are all struggling to put ourselves first! Pretty typical isn't it. Bless you all - the hormones seem to be a raging - .
Rene, Tdehoff and Patti - try not to overdue it when you go back to work and remember not only the physicial aspect but the stress!
BooBoo and dj45 - I can identify with the fatigue,hormones and stress of work. Must admit today - 2nd day back - was better - but I didn't have any long meetings and kept "fidgeting" . Gas pains - oh my - and unfortunately my pelvic pain is returning intermittently but am sure it is due to increased and different activity.
Thanks for the updates - nice to know that we aren't alone in our experiences and we have so much support!
Sara
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:19 PM
4 1/2 weekers

sara123,
You'll have to let us know if you had to go to a stronger dosage of the Vivelle. I had my surgery on 6/28/05. I go back to work next Tuesday (8/9/05), but I will only do half days until 8/19/05. I also have a desk job (I write package inserts for a pharmaceutical comapny), but just sitting and using the computer here at home has been painful. My doctor agreed that I should "ramp up" to full days. I started the Vivelle 0.05 patch today. I have had terrible insomnia and hot flashes (with headaches and nausea) for the past two weeks. I think I might have stuck it out awhile if I did not need to return to work next week. Do you know how long it takes before the hormone is at full working strength in your body and takes effect?
Chris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register