Concentrated Protein filled cyst? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concentrated Protein filled cyst? Concentrated Protein filled cyst?

Unread 08-01-2005, 01:36 PM
LSO 4/04 - Ovary with cyst now......

well i called my pcp to get my mri results and am sitting here in shock.

i have a full sized ovary with a fluid filled cyst stuck to the left side of my pelvic wall.

how can this be????? my hyst was in july of 2003 where they removed everything but my left ovary. then in april of last year they removed my left ovary because of numerous endometrioma cysts. i waited until april of this year to go on hrt and only took it for a month and stopped because of the weight gain, then 2 weeks ago when i went to my pcp and we started the whole test process she said i needed to take the hrt for my bones.

now today i find out i have a full normal sized ovary with a high protein content fluid filled cyst.

how can this be?????? and what does the high protein content mean?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Concentrated Protein filled cyst?

Until I go see a new Gyn surgeon to have my left ovary and cyst removed for the second time, I am trying to figure out exactly what is going on.

The MRI reads like this,

On axial and sagittal images, there is fluid level evident and the nondependent portion shows a higher signal intensity on T1 weighted scans but no enhancing nodule.

It is higher signal intensity on the T2 weighted images and the nondependent portion is higher attenuation and shows a protein concentrated fluid rather than fat. and reflects differing protein concentration and layering of the fluid.

What does this mean?????????? I am so angry and emotional right now finding out my ovary grew back after it was taken out........
Unread 08-02-2005, 03:18 PM

Jody:

I'd be mad, too. In fact at my BSO scheduling appointment next week one of the things I want to chat about is the number of ORS cases they have seen in their practice. Once we go thru the decision of having our ovaries out, ya think they wouldn't grow back.

I'm not a radiologist (or any type of medical professional) but as a lay person, I am thinking that they are noting that it is not a lypoma (fat deposit) and is instead "something else". There are many types of cysts. You really should call your doctor about this. There is no since in your worrying and wondering.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 03:23 PM

thanks Michelle, hopefully your BSO will be uneventful and you will finally be off the road too!!!!!!

jody
Unread 08-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Jody
I can't shed any light on the MRI results. I really don't understand the medical jargon. I wanted to stop by and offer some s I am sorry you're having to deal with this. I used to think that ORS was not very common, but judging from the number of posts I've seen here recently it appears that it is becoming more common. I'm not sure that it is something that your doctor can foresee.

I hope you can find a new gyn surgeon soon. Maybe he/she will be able to shed some light on the problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register