Dizziness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizziness Dizziness

Unread 08-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Dizziness

Has anyone experienced dizziness after having a hysterectomy? It's been over three weeks now and I feel strange all the time but it is even worse out in public places. It's like the world is moving fast and I can't keep up with everyone. I didn't know if it was hormone related or just normal after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Dizziness

There are many things that can cause dizziness. If you lost a lot of blood during surgery, you might be anemic and that can cause dizziness (which is what happened to me). Also, some medications you might be taking can cause dizziness. Just having sat for a long time and then standing up can cause it, too. Being low on certain hormones can cause it--when you've had surgery recently, different things can come into play for having dizziness. I was dizzy for several weeks afterwards but at about the month mark for me, it started going away and now it's mostly gone (I'm 7 weeks tomorrow). Hope yours receds ASAP!
Dizziness

Hi leisha,

This doesn't sound normal to me! Is it possible you are anemic? Are you still on pain medication? Have you had a head cold, or allergies recently that could have affected your inner ear? Any of these could be causing dizziness. It seems you should definitely talk with your doctor about it.

Hoping you get some answers, and relief soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dizziness

Are you still taking pain meds? Have you talked to your doctor about this? If you are still on the pain meds, they could be causing this feeling. Please go ahead and give your doc a call about this----better to get his/her opinion on this to help you get over the dizziness. Best wishes!
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Dizziness

Oh my...OrahDeb and I posted at the same moment! Like minds...

Take care!
Unread 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Dizziness

I'm not on any pain medications the only thing I'm on is .1mg of Vivelle patch. I told my doctor at my two week check up and he didn't seem very concerned. I believe it's related to low hormones and hope it will pass as my body adjusts to surgery. I had no complications and everything went fine regarding the surgery. This is my only problem. I hope my doctor will figure it out if it doesn't get better with time. Thanks for the replies!
Unread 08-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Dizziness

And so did Pednurse--3 great minds thinking very much alike. Dizziness is such a pain to deal with. I went through a period of it about 4 years ago and just hated it. Even now, I get a bit of it with my constant sinus problems. So, check out all the above mentioned things, leisha, and see if one or more of them apply to you. It helped me to get up slowly and sor of "take my bearings" for a minute before going anywhere when I was at my dizziest.
Unread 08-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Dizziness

Hi Leisha-
Just so you know...I am also experiencing 'dizziness'. It is not all the time-it comes and goes. My experiences are from dizziness to a feeling of weak in the knees ...My Dr didn't seem too concerned with it at my 3 week appt. I am not bothered with it often, but it does come and go. I am also on the .1 Vivelle Dot...and...our surgery date is the same ...Hmm...maybe we have something in the water ...Seriously...I hope you feel better and the dizziness goes away for you. Take care and at least you are not alone
Unread 08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Dizziness

Hey Jadedone-
Do you think it could be related to the Vivelle patch? I hope yours gets better as well. I also experience the weakness, but it's not been too long since our surgery. Best of luck recovering!
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Dizziness

Hi All, When I was a few weeks out from surgery I had awful dizziness as well. I even posted here asking about it. I went to the doctor and had a hormone level, it was really low, I was on the vivelle dot patch as well at the time. Other women have been on different hormones and like the other ladies have said, it can be many factors or just one. Im also very anemic even 10 weeks out and still have occasional dizzy spells now. It could also be a Blood Pressure thing, im on meds for high blood pressure but sometimes my BP drops like a rock.
Best advice is to go to the doctor have a hormone level and a CBC done to check for the 2 main things. As times has passed my dizziness has gotten much better, im on estertest hormone now and iron (ugh)
I hope you feel better soon, good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register