Thursday castle day and aunt flo visits!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thursday castle day and aunt flo visits!! Thursday castle day and aunt flo visits!!

Unread 08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Thursday castle day and aunt flo visits!!

so i'm finally starting to get nervous. my tah is this thursday. my sister sent me all kinds of things like if you get your ovaries removed you are more succeptible to cancer, etc. doc is going to try and keep one. another thing of course my period came a week early, i'm sure it was just to torment me one last time!
has that happened to any of you? i am soooo embarrassed. we dont have a/c at the house and i'm trying to figure out how to stay cool. i have a pool but i know i wont be able to swim yet. our windows dont open all the way so we have fans, other than that nothing. any ideas? supposed to be in the 90's this week! at least i'll have air in the hospital!lol
yes i'm rambling but i feel i have so much to do and no time to do it. i didnt get the house clean, the clothes washed, etc...urghhhh
i guess i'm just getting nervous. thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Sorry about Aunt Flo! Yes, I did that! I had actually been having a period for 2 years. So, I ended up with a D&C, lap and hysteroscopy in Sept, and I was bleeding right into surgery. Well, I decided I wanted to keep bleeding so I bleed for another 8 weeks, right into surgery in Nov. NOT fun! But the nurses were very nice about it and let me keep my panties on until they got me into that actual surgery room. Oh, to continue my bleeding story, I bleed for over 2 months after my hyst as well! What fun, NOT! I tell my GYN, despite all complications, I do NOT regret my hyst for one second! I bleed enough during the 2 1/2 years (from Sept 1998 - Jan 2001) that I got in a lifetime of periods despite not starting my period until I was 14 and having my hyst right after I turned 25!

Best Wishes! Sorry you have to go in with Auntie! I can empathize with you! Just let the nurses in pre-op know right away and I pray they are as nice to you about it as they were to me!
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:38 PM

Laura,
Thought you could use it. Don't worry about Aunt Flo. They have seen this kind of thing at the castle MANY times before. And just think: Thursday Aunt Flo gets her eviction notice. DO NOT sweat the little stuff (not getting the house clean, laundry done, etc.)!!!!! I didn't either. I kept thinking I needed to do those things, but couldn't focus for more than a few minutes at a time. Mainly I just sat around and obsessed about my surgery . Now, at 3 weeks out, I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I did this. My recovery has gone very smoothly and I know Aunt Flo will never be a visitor here again !!!!

Just remember: After surgery, lots and lots of water, small but frequent walks and take care of yourself. I read a post around the time of my surgery that summed it up for me. There was a line in there about how nobody has EVER died from dust bunnies. Keep that in mind. Best wishes. Please let us know how you are after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2005, 06:12 PM

My surgery is also Aug 4th, and yes Aunt Flo also came a week early for me! My doc says it is fine, and she does it all the time with aunt flo's presence. She just had to show up one last time!

Good luck to you, I am getting very nervous now. But happy to be in the home stretch.
Unread 08-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Laura,
'S I know how you feel. Auntie flow came to visit me for the 3rd time for the month on the 21st of April and I had my TAH on the 26th. The nurses and DR's are use to that so don't worry to much about it.

Sorry you don't have any a/c I feel for you I really do, eventhough I have a/c its was 114 here for 8 days in a row last week and the a/c wasn't worth a dime.

Good luck and sending you lots and lots of 'S,
Shan
Unread 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM
for anda

just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow too. email me and let me know how you're doing..maybe we can compare....nice to have someone going thru same thing same date.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register