Climara Patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Climara Patch Climara Patch

Unread 03-23-2001, 11:21 AM
Climara Patch

Hi...I have a bit of a silly question regarding the patch. I change it once a week, alternating positions on my body as instructed. Here is my question: How do I get rid of all the sticky stuff on my skin after I remove the patch? I know, it's a silly question and I hope the most serious problem I have with this patch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2001, 11:49 AM
Climara Patch

Cindy,
No question in the jungle is silly Here's some helpful hints for adhesive removal https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...?threadid=3344
Unread 03-23-2001, 03:41 PM
Climara Patch

CinPi
Hello I am also on the climara patch, and I know exactly what it is your'e talking about. The ring around the patch..that stays on you when the patch is removed. Well I will tell you what I do, In the shower I use a wash cloth or sponge and soap it up really good and scrub like crazy. It does come off I promise. It might leave your skin allitle red for a few minutes from all the scrubbing, but it does go away.I hope this helps you...and no your question is not a silly one. I personaly like these questions..I feel better about answering them...LOL...
Always check with your dr first for medical advise.

TAH/BSO 12/08 FIBROIDS/ADENO
30 YRS OLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2001, 04:31 AM
Climara Patch

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the link to the hints about removing the sticky stuff. It seems so obvious now! I'm going to go try it right now!
Unread 03-24-2001, 09:32 AM
Climara Patch

What tried once and it worked so well I've done it a few times....after the sticky stuff dried (like the next morning) I shaved it off The reason I did it again is ya know those fine hairs you have on your body? Well the OUCH when you take off the patch was helped ALOT by having those things gone...plus it took off the sticky stuff Other times I just scrub it off like someone else said. Going to get some baby oil and give that a try too.
Unread 03-25-2001, 12:16 PM
Climara Patch

Hi, I am using the Climara patch now and before I put on the new patch I clean the area with Alchohol. This morning I tried cleaning of the RING from the old one with the alchohol and it worked real well. Diane
Unread 03-25-2001, 08:54 PM
Climara Patch

Cindy,

I've been on the Climara patch now for three weeks and I really love it.

When I go to change my patch once a week I do the following: I take off my old patch first, then shower and dry, put on a new patch in different location. Then I check on the skin where the old patch used to be and then just peel off the rest of the old adhesive remaining that didn't come off in the shower.
Unread 03-26-2001, 06:04 AM
thank you

Hi and thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I tried the baby oil trick and it worked! It took some effort to get it off, but I was able to get it all off. One of the patches was a couple of weeks old so that stuff was really stuck on there good!

Once again, thank you for all the support I get here

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register