Now what!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Now what!?

I had another lap on 7/21 to clear up my adhesions (again) and try to figure out if anything else was going on. As far as the doctor was concerned, this was one of my "less complicated procedures". Problem is - I'm not doing so hot. In fact, I'm certain that I was feeling better after my hyst by this time - than I am now. I am still having a lot of discomfort in my abdomen/pelvis. And to top things off, I'm now having some pretty annoying low back pain that is radiating down my left leg! This is in addition to another aggravating after-effect of this latest surgery. Be prepared - I'm about to offer !!! My bowels started to work again a few days after my lap. (Ok, this seemed normal) THEN....nothing. Just lots and lots of pressure. For a couple of days this got worse. Finally at one point - after (OK - This is where it gets graphic) trying for way to long - I actually tried to "feel" what was going on. And the BM was hard as a rock - and had it been a baby - it would have been trying to be born breech!!! I could actually feel a buldge in my vagina from it. I was extreemly uncomfortable at this point - and chose to assist in the delivery...if you will. (I told you this was TMI! ) FINALLY it was successful - and I had some relief. Now I have spent the last four days with cramping and frequent BM's. I have never had any issues like this before. I'm dying to know if I'm the only one that this has happened to???

Please let me know if I am or am not completely losing control of my body! Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Any ideas about the back pain?

Thank you for hearing me out - even on such an unsavory topic!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Now what!?

Cortney,

Call you doctor hon. What you describe is not normal. Let us know what you find out.
Unread 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Now what!?

Cortney,

Oh, ouch!!! Sounds like an impaction. I am not a doctor, mind you. So, please call yours. You might ask what to do if something like this happens again. Straining is not good.

You might need to up your liquid intake. Ask about stool softner use. I have found Colace to be necessary for a couple of weeks after my surgeries just to keep things moving at a proper consistency. Ask your doctor if you should take a softner for at least as long as you are on Rx pain medicine (which can cause constipation).

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Now what!?

(((Cortney)))
I agree wtih the others, please call your doctor. It is best to call your doctor with any new symptom or if you feel that something is not quite right. It sounds to me like you do think this is not quite right and are troubled by this. Let the doctor decide.
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Now what!?

Oh, Cortney! What is going on with us??? I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Pls Pls, call your doc. When you do I know you will get some answers. I began taking colace(sp) right after my lap and it really helped. I always seem to have trouble after any surgery. Here is a thought you said that you were still really sore do you think the pain in your back could be from over compensating for the sore tummy?? Or have you been lifting anything like DS. Just a thought! Please let me know how you are doing and girlie call that doc.!!

Your Friend
Mel
Unread 08-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Now what!?

Thank you all for your responses! I'm quite embarassed to have admitted what I did.....Amazing that I've been through as much as I have, and it embarasses me to talk about BM's. I have an appointment with my doc's NP tomorrow morning, and I will be sure to tell her what happened. Sorry for the - but I didn't know who else to ask. DH just get's grossed out.

Mel - I've been thinking that maybe I've been walking funny to protect my sore belly - and that's what's hurting my back. Only thing I can think of! Luckily, some stong Ibuprofen helps out with my back....which makes me really think it's muscular. (I hope!!!) Take care of you - are you feeling any better yet???

Thanks again, ladies....
Unread 08-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Now what!?

Hi Cortney!
Well I do seem to be feeling better, still some pains and twinges in my right side. I go back to the doc next week and I guess I will find out what is going on or if there is a next step I have to take??
I have just been sooo busy trying to get my clan ready for school next week!!!
Let me know how your appt goes!!

Mel
Unread 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Now what!?

Hi Mel! I'm glad you are feeling a little better! I know I am! I'm still a little sore, but much better than I was even last week. I had my appointment last Friday with the NP. She took a look at things and said that it's looking ok. And she gave me some info for the above mentioned issues. But then I got a lecture from her about me not being on Hormones. So when that was all over, I got tagteamed from my mom and DH (Who were waiting for me after the appt, and I told them what she was saying) about taking them. I'm toying with going back on them. I may have to venture over to the Hormone Jungle and talk to a few people. lol As far as school - my baby (and only child) turns 6 and starts school next week!!!! Scares me!!!

Take care!
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register