Adhesions anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions anyone? Adhesions anyone?

Unread 08-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Adhesions anyone?

Hey ladies, I have not been here for a long while, but I'm back.... After a partial hysterectomy I had a lysis of adhesion surgery then five months later another lysis of adhesion...then a year after that they took the ovaries...said the adhesions were so bad that they had trouble finding the ovaries. Really stinks becuase now Im back to the same old adhesion pain and living in a new state. The best they will offer me here with these docs is to give me a type of epidural block. To tell you the truth that is scarier than surgery to me!!!! So, any of you ladies had the same troubles? Anything working for adhesion relief?
By the way Judester if your around...I need to update you on Cullens recovery too!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Adhesions anyone?

Christie,
I'm sorry that you are still dealing with the adhesion monster. Unfortunately, many times more surgery = more adhesions. Was a barrier used during any of your surgeries? While there is no guarantee, sometimes a barrier can keep the adhesions from forming.

We have lots of information on adhesions in the resources section here Adhesion Resources

I do see Judester pop in occassionally, but haven't seen her lately. You could send her a PM.
Unread 08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Adhesions anyone?

Christie,

Hi! I have been in the same boat you are in and know it is no fun. Unfortunately, as Kim said, every time we have a surgery we are at risk for more adhesions. I seem to be doing fine now, but have looked into some alternative things to break the adhesions up if they raise their ugly head again. A good chiropractor who does the Graston method can break up adhesions, but you would have to search for one who will use this method on that part of the body. I don't have any leads, but maybe if we look into it further. I do know of a chiropractor who does this method on other body parts such as shoulders, etc that have a build up of scar tissue and he says he has excellent results. Wish I could explain this method to you further...I don't know enough about it yet, but am looking into it.

I say that to say this...surgery will be the last thing I do again...the surgeries I have had so far I feel were needed, but I should be in the clear now to try some alternative things and these are the things I am researching at this point.

Don't have alot of answers, but just wanted you to know I understand.

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Adhesions anyone?

Hi there. I just wanted to say that I just had my adhesion surgery and feel great now, its only been three weeks since surgery though. I saw this post and it made me wonder something. Since I have had my surgery, I have been pain-free. Now, won't I remain pain free since they say adhesions form right after surgery. OR do they hurt way after surgery? I am all so confused about this...LOL!

Keri
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Adhesions

Trickie, girl you are probably in the clear! If you are
feeling good now, that, I would say is a good sign.
Any problems that I have had, I had them right off the
bat, now maybe some others have had a different
outcome. They say adhesions start immediately, now
if you did get them, the pain can intensify as time goes
on, because I think they get more tough, and there are
different kinds, like some are kind of stringy, and flemsy, and some are thicker and tougher. I believe that you would be able to feel something now if you had them. The Dr.s told me pain is determined by where
they are located. FINALLY a success story, I really hope
this is it for you!
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Adhesions anyone?

THANKS GIRL! ME TOO!!!! I am feeling great really and I guess the only thing I can do is hope and pray that I don't start hurting again!

Keri
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Adhesions anyone?

Hi ladies! Unfortunately, I'm also a victim of the dreaded Adhesion Monster. (Just had surgery #7 two weeks ago.) My adhesion pain is usually cleared up after my surgeries - at least for a while - and then it comes back with a vengence! :hair: I can count on a couple of months of "freedom". But that's about it.

Christie - I see a Pain Mgmt. Doctor for Chronic Pelvic Pain (culprit primarily being my adhesions) who is trying different meds - but she has also mentioned the Spinal Cord Stimulator. But her opinion was that this was the very last thing we wanted to try, mostly because of my age (29). She recommended that we exhaust every other option FIRST. And she is very open to other forms of pain relief. (Magnets, acupuncture, etc) So before you sign up for the SPS - please get a second opinion! From what I hear, they are for keeps - and may not necessarily work for us.

Also, I was on a different website and found information about a surgeon in Florida that is opening a comprehensive clinic for Adhesion sufferers in Celebration, FL. This is supposed to be opening this fall. If my latest surgery fails (which I have no expectation of it working, they never do - the old double edged sword - I needed surgery to take away the adhesions causing the pain, which will cause more adhesions! But I digress...) Like I was saying - If it doesn't work, I am going to check into this clinic and see if these doctors can help me. If you are interested in more info about it, please PM me, I'd be happy to give you the names.

I hope you all find some comfort and pain relief - as you are entitled to both! Do whatever you must - but don't live in pain.

Lot's of gentle s to all of you Sisters dealing with this monster...
Cortney
Unread 08-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Adhesions

The 2 adhesion surgeries that I had the Dr. said I didn't have very
many adhesions, some was on the urethea, but the problem was the first time it was actually the enterocele
which nobody could find and did the surgery thinking it
was adhesions, the second time same thing, funny
neither Dr. found while in there. Finally had enterocele
repair and that was fixed,but now have a rectocele,
which I believe I had at the time of the enterocele
repair, go figure, so I am still in pain.
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Adhesions anyone?

I had a lapro for adhesions when I was 4 month post op from my TAH. The dr. didn't find adhesions, but did see lots of scar tissue. A month later I realized I had a rectocele. When my gyn did my repair he found a enterocele too. I wonder why the other surgeon didn't see the enterocele when he was looking for adhesions? Anyway, I am having another lap by a internationally well known uro/gyn in Sept. I told him about my lapo last Sept and he didn't find adhesions just the awful scar tissue. right away he said he would do a lap. He also knows I am under the care of a well known colon rectal surgeon. I feel bm in my vagina when I try to go. I am actually afraid I have another prolapse. I feel a bubble like in the back when I have to splint to go and the lump of bm on the posterior floor. He doesn't seem to think I have a rectocele again, but I know something isn't right.
As far as the abdominal pain I am wondering if the scar tissue has adheared something together. My uterus and bladder was like concreted together and to the abdominal wall when my gyn did my tah.I had 4 c sections and my gyn said this wasn't unusual. well, I've had 5 abdominal incisions now and the lapro incisions(took GB out) and the enterocele and rectocele repair incisions. I guess I could have some things stuck to where they shouldn't be. I read somewhere where this can happen years after surgery. I guess I will know in a month. I am having a tvt at the same time.I do feel ripping sensations across my incision area and sharp stabbing, pinching sensations in the area of my bowels on both sides.
Peggy
Unread 08-09-2005, 05:30 AM
adhesions

Is there a difference in scar tissue and adhesions?
Has anyone told you that you have too much colon, like
a redundant colon and because of that you are having
the prolapses? I was told that I have a redundant colon,
and I sort of believe that is part of the problem. I just
don't want my colon cut on, and the surgeon couldn't
guarentee that it would help, but he said I had way too
much for my body size, and from the pressure I have, I
can believe it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register