FYI - my outing yesterday at 2 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FYI - my outing yesterday at 2 weeks post-op FYI - my outing yesterday at 2 weeks post-op

Unread 08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
FYI - my outing yesterday at 2 weeks post-op

Well, doctor said I could drive at 2 weeks. So yesterday I ventured out and stopped at local department store to get a new shower curtain, and stopped at a clothing store to make an exchange. That was enough! The problem is that I am not walking up to my normal speed, I am walking very slow (people were probably wondering what the heck was wrong with me!). Walking at my normal pace is too uncomfortable. Getting in and out of the car is uncomfortable.

I called my DH on the way home and told him that I am only going out if I absolutely have to. I don't feel ready to drive around doing errands at this time.

One week post-op I felt really good, but now that I am about 17 days post-op I am feeling new discomforts, probably from nerve endings coming back alive, etc..

So, back to the couch, movies, and relaxing. That's ok...my body is telling me to take it easy. If I didn't have the aches and pains, I would probably be over doing it.

lesuregal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Hi Lesuregal! I share the same surgery date! Unfortunately I ended up with some complications and a 7 day hospital stayand I am just now trying to get around more. I can understand wanting to get out and about. Everything I am reading is talking about not doing too much too soon. Sounds like you are one of us...those that are use to always going and don't like people to wait on us, and can only tolerate so much TV. I think it is time you gave in! Ha!! Take it easy. Best of luck on your future recovery.
Taryn
____-
TAH/Bilat Salpingo Ooperectomy ..Enlarged Uterus/Suspicious R ovary
Undiagnosed severe endometriosis/adhesions..(no history)
Unread 08-08-2005, 10:05 AM

I had my surgery 1 week earlier than you and I can tell you that each day gets better and better. I too started driving at 2-3wks and at first I stayed very local and did things that didn't take a lot of walking. Now at 3+ wks I feel better and feel like my walking pace has also improved a great deal. Just take it one day at a time and don't rush things. I look forward to doing so much more and I keep telling myself that day will come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Not all its cracked up to be

I had my surgery about about a week before you as well and all was fine until this past weekend! We live in a small town and the annual fair was in town. Problem was DH and I enter the BBQ cookoff every year and since I wasn't really up to par for making our home made sauce and rub we didn't enter, however we did go and visit with our friends at thier tent...for 7 hours! I did put my feet up and really only walked to the restroom. I didn't feel I was over doing it. The next morning we went and helped sis build her new deck...not me just DH did the work! Same for the next day. When I got home last night I was feeling very exhausted and tummy was a bit sore, so I decided I would take it easy the next few days. Problem is I never had any spotting to mention and last night hubby and I had outersex and when I went to potty there it was! Bright Red Blood, scared the crap out of me and hubby too! We are always real careful cause we don't want any setbacks! I go for my 4 wk postop ck-up in two days. Hope we didn't mess anything up! Anyone else have this happen to them in between 3 and 4 wk?
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:27 PM

I was going to ask everyone if they had more discomfort around the third week than they had at one or two! You have answered my question. I had my LAVH a day after your operation, and this week I am feeling more uncomfortable "inside" than I have since the day of my operation. Sometimes it feels like my insides are moving around. I am having little aches and pains, too.

I'm going to go rest now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register