strange odour | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

strange odour strange odour

Unread 03-24-2001, 02:26 AM
strange odour

Hi girls, just wondering if any one can help me here. I had the second op a week ago , where the dr. cut out a portion at the top of my vagina which contained the abnormal cells. I have been spotting just like a period for this last week ( which is normal so the dr said) but now I have developed a strange odour, do you think it could be the same as when you have the hysterectomy and the stitches dissolve on the vaginal cuff. Gee will i be glad when I get a good result on these cells and they have all gone . thanks and love to you all x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2001, 06:04 AM
strange odour

Hi, Robyn!

I've been watching for your posts--glad to see you're up and moving, at least as far as the computer!

I don't have the answer for you, but I would think you would have stitches to finish off that procedure just like with the hysterectomy. I had my share of stitches when they removed part of my posterior vaginal wall. I had some discharge for a few weeks but the odor didn't ever change. If you feel like it's a foul odor or abnormal, call the doctor. You wouldn't want an infection to fester up there.

I hope they got all of those abnormal cells so you can have some peace! You're in my prayers.
Unread 03-24-2001, 08:45 AM
strange odour

Hiya Robyn,

I agree, I believe all things out of the norm should be reported to the Dr. It may indeed be nothing but its best to be on the safe side.

I do hope you'll be getting some good news soon and will be able to put your mind at rest.

Take care, we're all pulling for you!

{{{hugs}}}
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2001, 10:59 AM
strange odour

I want to urge you to be on the safe side and call your doctor! A foul odor could very well be a sign of an infection, and you surely don't want to deal with that!! A phone call may be all that you need to reassure you and keep the doctor in touch. If he wants to see you, then by all means think of it as having a concerned doctor and be glad that he is willing to give you the time that you may very well need. Please keep us posted on how you are doing!!!
Unread 03-24-2001, 06:13 PM
Robyn...

I don`t know about the odor...I just wanted to give you a hug....

{{{{{{{{{{{{robyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 03-25-2001, 06:52 PM
strange odour

Hey there Robyn:
I can't add anything more than the other ladies have posted here. Just wanted to pop in and tell you I pray that you get your path results back very soon, with good news!!! The waiting is the worst part, but you said it would take about a week....and its been a week so you should be hearing something real soon!!
Take care hon! ((((((big hugs))))))
M. xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register