TAH/LSO - Something very upsetting happened at the Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/LSO - Something very upsetting happened at the Castle TAH/LSO - Something very upsetting happened at the Castle

Unread 08-09-2005, 05:50 PM
TAH/LSO - Something very upsetting happened at the Castle

Hello All, I came home from the castle Saturday evening and was so happy to be home. I went in on Tuesday and expected to be home on Thursday. The Doc would not let me come home until after I had a bowel movement because I was extended in the belly which was fine really. All and all I really had a good experience at the castle with the exception of what I speak of below...

(This is not the upsetting part only a "by the way")
When I posted my "I'm Home" in the pre-op board I gave a word of advise about not hesitating to ask for your pain medicine when needed. My night time nurse never came to me with the pain med's she would always wait until I asked for them which really caused me great discomfort. I would finally get into a nice sleep and then wake up in pain. The first time when I woke up I kept trying to remember when I had them last and thinking the nurse would be in - she never came I ended up asking the aid when she came in to take my vitels. After that I always asked.

This was very upsetting and my DH is writting a letter to the Board of Directors of the hosp. - I remember hearing the nurses say they were getting my morphine pump ready and handing me the button which I think I continullly pushed until I finally fell asleep. When I next woke up I was in my regular room and looking up at my DH and Mother in Law, I reached up for both of there hands, and called my Mother in Law Mom for the first time (touching moment) the next thing I remember hearing was a woman pactically yelling something about not wanting the baby she had just giving birth too. At first I thought it was my imagination. I then faded back to sleep. It must have been getting late and my DH and Mom gave me kisses and say good night. I saw a look on my DH face that seemed very odd to me. I was in great discomfort and remembered the morphine button and started pushing it again. It seemed very loud in my room and that womens voice came back talking about the baby she did not want. I fiquered it all out in the next few hours of listening to her talk to other people about how she was down from Newark. I live in Southern New Jersey 3 hours south of Newark. This women apparently kept her pregnancy a secret from everyone she knew and when she though she was going to go into labor come to the Jersey Shore to give birth, she did not want to baby and did not want anything associated with the baby to have her name on it. It seemed to go on for hours and I remember at one point someone she was talking to asked about me. She told them she did not know but I must have had something major since I was groaning in pain and have morphine. I remember trying to ask them to be quite but my voice did not work - I did manage to tell them I had had a hysterectomy. It did quiet down after that but I felt like I was part of her writting a statement about not wanting the baby since she could not spell and in my drugged state was trying to spell words like "necessary and elsewhere" they never heard me and I probably was only talking in my head. She was released the following day I remember asking a nurse the next morning if she would be leaving soon and she signed to me by 10am the nurse understood my discomfort. This was very distressing to me and I am sure to anyone who has had a hysterectomy and knows will never have the gift of giving birth again or ever. The only thing that makes me feel ok about it is that this baby will have the oppurtunity to grow up in a family that will love him and not with that women who was so vulger and unattached. I am sure it is not a common practice to place someone giving a baby up for adoption and someone who just had a hysterectomy in the same room. It made me cry and did not help in my recovery I think this was part of the reason I was in the hospital longer then expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register