Pain in the lower back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in the lower back Pain in the lower back

Unread 08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Pain in the lower back

Hi from Arizona,
I am having a lot of discomfort - cramping and lower back pain and wondered if any had this problem pre-op? I have a "complicated cyst" on my right ovary - was 17mm on last u.s. in May. I am having surgery on the 17th. Any advise? Have any word on "complicated cysts"? Thanks for your knowledge!
joni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Pain in the lower back

Hi Joni,

I'm sorry you are having pain and I wish I had some magic words of wisdom for you, but I don't. I don't have any personal experience to share, but we do have some great links in our Resources about ovarian cysts that might be helpful to you. You can find them here. Just type in Ovarian Cysts and click perform search.

Maybe someone will be along who has gone through the same thing and will share their experience with you.

I'm send you big s and I hope everything goes well with your surgery and recovery!

s, Deb
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Pain in the lower back

The way I explained it to my doctor was it felt like I was having back cramps or back labor. It was eating me alive before surgery. I too had large tumors in my ovaries. He said due to their size they were probably pressing into my back causing the pain. Since surgery on Friday the back pains have gone. The only thing that gave me some relief preop was 800mg ibuprofen. I also walked often to help move things around. Check with your doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Pain in the lower back

I had a lot of back pain and come to find out my uterus was laying against my sacrum. I had the hys. last july for severe endometriosis and adenomyosis, plus a retroverted uterus, and unfortunately for now, the pain has not gone away. It did leave a bit of a weak spot on the sacrum and I am getting regular massage and chiropractic work for maintenance and it is helping. I also take 1500mg calcium daily and do yoga and weight training to help with additional bone density. I have found that regular exercise is crucial after the hysterectomy to help with lots of things. The pain has lessened considerably, so hopefully it is just a matter of allowing enough time for the sacrum to rebalance itself.
Unread 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Pain in the lower back

I've just started to get a lower back ache. I have a prolasped uterus and I'm sure that's the culpret. I've been taking Advil for it. If I need something stronger, I do have some Ibreproprian (you know what I mean).
Unread 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Pain in the lower back

Yes, my weapon of choice is BC powders when the going gets real tough;(normally I try to tough it out) they work the best for pain, personally. I have been experimenting with certain supplements and I have found that Ginkgo (160mg) is wonderful. It is an herb that helps with circulation and so as not to get too technical with my own thoughts, a good book is A Keats Good Health Guide; "Ginkgo Biloba, the amazing 200 million-year old healer", by Frank Murray. It's an info packed short read. It may be all in my head, but I think it has helped with lubrication problems also. (and turning the ceiling fan off, haha)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register