Delayed Reaction- 1 year+ past TAHBSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Delayed Reaction- 1 year+ past TAHBSO Delayed Reaction- 1 year+ past TAHBSO

Unread 08-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Delayed Reaction- 1 year+ past TAHBSO

I'm going through a whirlwind of emotions right now. I've never been depressed, but I sure am now. It's odd because my hyst and ovary removal were in April of '04. I was 34.

It seems like all of this is just now hitting me. All of a sudden, I'm anxious, terribly sad, regretful, angry with myself for not doing more research before having surgery, mourning the loss of my ovaries, worrying non-stop about my future health, feeling lonely, completely uninterrested in sex and any kind of affection. When my husband kisses or hugs me, I feel absolutely nothing.

I don't even know who I am right now. I feel sad, but don't have the energy to really do something about it.

I just started seeing a therapist and have an appt. with a new GP next week. I'm not sure where this will lead, but at least I feel like I am doing something.

In my case, I don't know if it is safe to try hormones. During the first trimester of my pregnancy, I was diagnosed with stage 4 smooth muscle cancer. At 28 weeks I was rushed into surgery due to my organs beginning to shut down. Along with delivering Maya, they took out 20+ tumors, my uterus and ovaries. The pathology came back as tumors of unknown cancerous potential. The GREAT news was that it was not leimyosarcoma. That was a death sentence. The bad news is that they don't know what it is. My oncologist suspects that I had a rare condition of metatastic fibroids. I don't know if "normal" hormone replacement would cause these things to grow like crazy again or if that happened only due to the elevated hormones in my body as a result of the pregnancy.

In the beginning I was so relieved to be alive that I said, "no hormones ever again." Now I'm thinking more seriously about trying low level hormones and monitoring my body through scans. This scares me since I'm not certain what is in my body (is it cancer?), but the alternative is to continue as I am which isn't great.

Sorry for the long, disjointed post. Would to know if anyone else out there is feeling these feelings well after their surgery.

One of the hardest things to deal with is that these feelings popped up so long after. Makes it hard for my DH to understand why I went from being OK to this.

Best,

Gina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Delayed Reaction- 1 year+ past TAHBSO

Hi Gina,

I am sorry you are having some problems now. It is not uncommon to see changes sometime well after our surgeries. The body changes, as do the hormones we have stored .

If you don't or cannot take hrt, then an anti-depressant can help hot flashes and moods. Also, some drs may give the okay to take testosterone for libido.

We have lots of information in our Resources library (just click on it in the panel upper left of page).

Here is our Hormone Jungle Articles with a lot of different things to look at before you decide on what direction you may go: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=174

I would research and make a list of questions to bring with you when you see the dr.

Best wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register