Fun Thread - what is the funniest thing.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fun Thread - what is the funniest thing.... Fun Thread - what is the funniest thing....

Unread 08-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Fun Thread - what is the funniest thing....

Ok - starting a fun thread here...

What is the funniest thing to happen to you post surgery?

Share your funny moments...

One for me is- I learned the hard way that driving a stick shift up and around a corner while sneezing is NOT a good idea!! OUCH!!

And while laughter is good medicine- too close the surgery date can be painful - I ended up laughing at something funny a friend did and I wasn't sure if it was tears of joy or not - she was "pouting" and is also a former hyster sister and was asking me (online) if I hurt or not - and she was jokingly hoping it was!! Tee hee hee - OUCH!! (and yes, the laughter was better than the pain!)

Hugs!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Mine is kinda embarrassing to me and funny to others. For the first 2 months everytime I laughed I farted . And not the the quiet ones but the ones were it sounded like a elephant was running under my chair. My dh actually wanted to take me a comedy club for my 6 week hysterversary, I looked at him like he was crazy. Thankfully it has passed (no pun attended).
Unread 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Hi shauna,

Well my funniest and to my hubby's embarassment was when he was in the shower and I heard a noise and thought perhaps he'd dropped something as I heard a bashing noise. We live 3.5 kms off the road and our dog barks only at someone arriving so I didn't check.

I was in the kitchen wearing just a little slip on dress no undies and hubby came walking down the hall from shower drying himself and next thing I hear is oh hell, oh s*** and then someone's chatting with him. You wouldn't believe it but it was the local policeman doing a gun check. I was only 3 weeks post op and thankfully hubby was holding his towel up so I could scurry behind him and get them on.

I'm not sure what the policeman thought but it must of looked a bit suss. Our friends and I have laughed heaps and as the police officer left he asked hubby if he could please dress appropriately next time he comes.

Well if we'd known he was coming we would have!

Take care...........Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2005, 12:09 AM

I have two funny moments..

In the hospital I took a "hit" of the morphine, then trotted off to use the potty to pee (so happy to do this after the catheter was removed)... as my DH explains it, I returned to my bed and lay down and passed out.
Leaving my panties down around my ankles.
He tried like crazy to pull them up by himself!

A week after I was home, I was taking a shower and knocked my DH's washcloth to the ground. As I bent over to pick it up, my butt grabbed my washcloth off the holder, so I ended up standing there with a washcloth in my hand and one in my...backside!
Very peculiar.. and funny all at the same time.

Shoozie
Unread 08-12-2005, 10:10 PM

Cute Thread!!
Well, the moment that sticks out in my mind is after I was brought to my room right after surgery (I was sleeping off and on). DH is a calm and quiet kind of man who doesn't get excited very easily mind you. I started moving around and DH saw the drain in my side (my doctor forgot to tell him she had to put it in b/c of complications). Well, he's standing there at my bedside one minute and then he literally runs down the hallway looking for a nurse to tell him what that "thing" was coming from my side with blood gathering in it. I thought he would hyperventilate!!! I still tease him about running away from the room with me laughing and not what so ever concerned with this thing in my side!!!!
Unread 08-14-2005, 09:55 PM

My funniest moment post op was when the nurse came in to do my obs in the middle of the night.
She poked my arm and I forgot where I was and thought someone had broken into our house.
I grabbed her arm and screamed, two more nurses came running in not knowing what had happened.
It was quiet embarrasing. And I was not on any drugs.
Zebra.
Unread 08-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Hi Zebra,

How funny! i bet you gave the poor nurse quite a fright and kept the others giggling for the rest of the night.

Take care..........Karen
Unread 08-15-2005, 09:21 PM

I also gave my poor nurse quite a fright that first night! lol Glad I am not the only one!

I must have been having a nightmare, I woke up to my own voice screaming "NO NO NO" and thrashing all over. My nurse was already in the room with me, so I SCARED her SO badly! Poor thing! SHe was yelling "WHAT'S WRONG! WHAT HAPPENED" or something like that. When I woke up at that point, I didn't remember at all what I was dreaming. She had just come on shift, so this was our first meeting. She must have thought I was a nutcase!!! I talked to her after, so she would know I wasn't too strange, lol. We laughed about it in the morning and it was actually quite funny. I really scared her though, I felt SO embarrassed. The next nurse on shift came in and said "So I hear you were having night terrors last night" I started laughing and told her how I scared the poor nurse. I guess that was quite the story in the nurses station that night.
Unread 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM

I guess we all shared this...my first time passing My DD and DBF jumped up and down for joy...all I could think about was this pain is worse than before surgery! It was the best moment...passing for the first time!

Life is good!
Unread 08-15-2005, 10:25 PM

I can relate!!

I just HAD to phone someone when I was able to void the first time - they had done a temp cath on me twice because I wasn't able to go sooner...

I still hadn't passed gas at that point - so that became the next goal!!

Shauna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register