Calling all sisters , I need some help - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling all sisters , I need some help Calling all sisters , I need some help

Unread 08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Calling all sisters , I need some help

BillsSweetie,

To my understanding Lortab isn't an opioid. Opioid's are Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl and Oxycontin.

A Doc told me that Lortab was for short term use. If your PM will not see that you are at least comfortable, I would find another Doc! If you have intractable, chronic pain you have a right to opioid's.

Opioid's DO NOT make you feel "high" if you have actual pain. You brain doesn't read the drug the same way as someone who abuses them.

I learned how to talk to the Doctors by doing my own research. I quit 2 doctors who woulsdn't talk to me about my treatment.

At Thomas Jefferson Univ. in Philadelphia, Pa. They were researching adhesions. Just an FYI.

Good Luck,
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 12:25 AM

If this is for joint pain, I recently tried some pricey
health store tablets of Serratia Peptidase that seems to be effective!!I've had pain while driving for years (not the hyst--ex-hub)
always limp when first getting out of the car (groin, thigh, hip pain) even though I hike most days. Yesterday, I exited the car several times with no pain!
No pain while driving either. I'll thank the Lord first, and I believe
the supplements were helpful. Health store owner said
she had folks with fibromyalgia & joint aches become
pain free in 4 days. For what that's worth. I try to avoid
heavy duty meds. Best to you all
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:12 PM

Maria,

I've been doing quite a bit of research on the subject myself. You are so right when you say those of us in chronic pain have the right to adequate relief!!! I am on state medical assistance though and switching PM docs would be quite tricky. I do believe my doc was just having one of her bad days as she is usually so helpful and understanding. I have realized that carrying my new grandbaby (15 1/2 lbs.) causes me great pain the next day which makes me so very sad!! I am filing for disability and working on this pain from every angle. Thanks for your concern!! I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 07:21 PM

Hi,

Glad to hear you are working on your chronic pain. I have had pain all my life, due to a fall from my horse. But, I handled it with motrin when it flared up.

10 years ago, when I had my car wreck, I broke my back and did minor spinal cord damage. it's been a struggle ever since, esp. with meds. I have been on everything. But, the best thing I did was get a spinal cord stimulator implant.

I know what you mean about lifting things. If I lift heavy groceries or seed or kitty litter, I feel it. Cleaning is hard too. I can do things, but I pay for them, that's for sure!

I wound up with RSD too, so I get sooooo tired.

What about you?

Maria
Unread 08-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Gee, sounds so familiar! The hard part is that people look at you and think "she looks fine." It is so frustrating!!! If those people could live in my body for one day.......

Feel free to PM me anytime!
Unread 08-21-2005, 07:31 PM

I *hate* that "you look fine," stuff!

All of my energy goes toward my children. The rest of the time I'm on my heating pad! I never want to host "play dates" at my house, or volunteer in the classroom.

People who haven't experienced chronic pain just don't have a clue. I'm so glad we have each other!

Margot
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:12 PM

LOL! If my only heating pad was 6'2", well built (think Tim McGraw) blond and blue eyed like Dierks Bentley or Keith Urban!!! I live on it!

I know what you mean about people saying "but you look so good!". I <hate> that. I met a woman while I was out shopping one day who had the nerve to say I was LUCKY! Lucky to be on disability. She said she would rather look good and be in pain than the other way round. Can you believe that? I would give up "looking good" if I could be pain free. Of course I would do the same if I could be thin! HMMM...Thin or have pain, LOL. I'd still take pain free; although I would dearly love to be thin!

Hope you are feeling okay!
Unread 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

That's one sick lady, Blue... She'd rather be in pain and look good than the other way around?!

I guess she doesn't realize that this kind of pain can make your most intimate relationship be with your heating pad! And, the heating pad doesn't care what you look like...doesn't admire your figure, buy you jewlery, take you out to dinner....

But, that's a great idea about the goodlooking heating pad! The only problem is that my DH has already expressed his jealousy about how I often prefer my heating pad to him.

Are things getting any better, Billsweetie? You've often been an inspiration to me, the way you often take your pain in stride, ya know! Some days are certainly better than others. I'm so sorry you feel like you are all out of options. I hope your PM doc has a better attitude the next time you see her.

Margot
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM

Unread 08-25-2005, 08:40 AM

Margot,

Actually, it has been a rough week! I slipped Friday night and pulled my back out and have been in bed (on that lovely heating pad) most of the time since then. It is just letting up today.

Golly, me an inspiration?? Thanks! I think I take it in stride at times because I don't have any other option. However, if my PM doc has the same attitude the next time I see her, I'm going to look elsewhere! I deserve (as does everyone here) pain relief enough to live my life to some degree.

!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register