Calling all sisters , I need some help - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling all sisters , I need some help Calling all sisters , I need some help

Unread 08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Calling all sisters , I need some help

(((Maria))),

I'm so sorry about the pain and all that nausea! What a drag! My pain was also made a lot worse by my surgeries.

Good for you for writing those letters. It's great to hear that they actually had some impact. I've been wanting to write a letter to the doc (and his boss and the hosp) to complain about him doing a surgery on me that I really didn't need (the LSH). And all the other inappropriate things he did before and after that. I'd hate to put all the work into it just to get a brush-off. I live in a pretty small town and he's one of the few OB/GYNs around, and I think one of 2 who do surgery. His boss would be the one who assisted at the surgery! This is why I am willing to travel to get the care I deserve.

What is a spinal cord stimulator?

(((Billsweetie))), are you feeling any better? Maybe you better hold that precious new baby while you are sitting down, and/or when the baby is asleep.

Margot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 03:55 PM

(((Maria))) I certainly hope you are feeling better by now. Indeed, what did the doctor say about all the pain and nausea?? Have you contacted him/her yet?? Do you get headaches often? I used to get migraines which basically incapacitated me. I take a beta blocker for high bp and it helps prevent migraines.

(((Margot))) I try to make a point of holding her while I'm sitting, but she loves to be "walked." Spoiled rotten already. Ha! I find myself walking her around w/o even realizing it....then of course, pay for it the next day.

Oh how I understand the feeling when a doc tells you that you just need to exercise or lose weight, etc!!! My last GP doc told me that I "just needed to get out there and kick it." Needless to say that was the last time I went to him!! I so wish it were that easy!

s to all!
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:18 PM

hi Margot and BillsSweetie,

I am feeling much better, but still tired. I am finally seeing the doc next week. I have been having the nausea and vomiting off and on since July. I usually never get sick to my stomach. I'm wondering if it's from the Lipitor I'm taking for high cholesterol. I had a ton of blood work done, so I'll find out.

A SCS (spinal cord stimulator) is like a pacemaker for the spine. It is implanted under the skin in my hip and hooked up to
my spinal canal. It releves pain by interuppting the pain msgs. to the brain. It also helps with the weakness and numbness in my legs.

I am watching the news. My prayers go out to the folks in the south. It is awful. All the looting and craziness. It is scary.

Talk to you soon,
Maria

((((((((((BillsSweetie and Margot)))))))))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register