So Disappointed After D&C... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Disappointed After D&C... So Disappointed After D&C...

Unread 08-13-2005, 09:49 PM
So Disappointed After D&C...

July 13th, had a D&C; hysteroscopy; and failed NovaSure attempt due to uterine size. I had many polyps removed and my doctor scraped as much off as he could. He also suspects I have adenomyosis.

So here I am a month later will a very heavy period...perhaps even heavier than before my D&C. I've been cramping for three days...not enough to make me stay in bed, just a nagging ache.

I'll be 50 in about two weeks and my hormones are still functioning normally; and I'm still ovulating, according to my doctor. I have no symptoms of menopause at all...nothing...no hot flashes, no skipped periods, I'm like clockwork.

I'm so tired of all of this and so tempted to go the hysterectomy route. If I did, I'd have to wait until next summer for convenience reasons.

I don't bleed all month or anything, just really bad for about 2-3 days a month which limits my activities..otherwise I'm fine. If I were to have the surgery, it would be pure vanity I suppose.

Anyone else have the surgery just because you finally got sick and tired of this part of your life and being kind of stuck in the house or limiting your outside activities because of it?

Thanks for listening to me, I just needed to vent to someone that understands this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2005, 03:11 AM

Hi Dianne
You may be a candidate for using the Mirena coil. It can reduce bleeding to almost nothing. Do some internet research on it.
In my case it didnt work but I sure wish it had.
Regards
Unread 08-14-2005, 11:00 AM

Word up! Like you, I had very regular periods until age 48 with the first two days being very heavy and clotty. I had a failed balloon ablation three years ago. So, when my periods started becoming irregular last October and I started getting cysts on my ovaries, I'd had enough and took the plunge.

So far, I have traded off heavy periods with HRT and some vaginal dryness. In other words, iron pills for a Vivelle prescription and some OTC moisturizers. But, for me, it has been worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2005, 11:19 AM

Hi Diane,
What you are experiencing sounds a lot like what I went through. I had normal periods all my life and expected to sail through menopause. They started getting longer and heavier though, to the point where I couldn't leave the house some days. For me it kept getting worse to where I was bleeding more than I wasn't bleeding. I was estrogen dominant they said. I tried the D&C and the Novasure ablation too and the bleeding kept on so that I became severely anemic. I finally concluded I had no other choice but to have the hyst.

I think you are wise to ask questions and in some ways are fortunate to know you will wait at least until next summer to make the decision. Everyone needs to be informed about this choice. It isn't something to enter into lightly. It seems that almost no two expereinces are exactly the same so you need to be assured in your own heart that you are making the best choice for you.

I wish you well in your decision making. I hope for you that your issues will resolve themselves or you will find a less invasive answer. I don't say this because I have regrets,because I don't, but I would encourage you to look into all your options before deciding on this final step.

's, Rita
Unread 08-14-2005, 03:46 PM

Rita is right; ask questions and gather all of the information that you can before making such a major decision. Get a second opinion. It took me several years to make my decision.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register