When it rains... it pours! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When it rains... it pours! When it rains... it pours!

Unread 08-15-2005, 10:10 AM
When it rains... it pours!

Went to the ER Friday night... had really sharp pains in my left kidney. Was afraid that I might have gotten a bladder or kidney infection because I knew that my bladder wasn't emptying properly last week.

Thank goodness no infection, but turns out to be a kidney stone! Like I really need that on top of all this other stuff right now... I had a CT scan Saturday morning, and they said it was very close to my bladder, so just rest and drink plenty of fluids. The pain hasn't come back, so I might have passed it and not seen it.

And I get to see all my pee these days, because the ER docs also decided that because my bladder wasn't emptying, that I should be catheterized before I was sent home... so I've got this lovely rubber tube running into a nice pretty plastic bag... It's just dang uncomfortable.

Okay, so that kind of stinks... but to add to my misery, my period started on Saturday. So yesterday was my super-heavy day... it was just a blast.

The ER doc said the catheter can't come out until I see my gyno, which is Tuesday... can't wait. Although the empty bladder feels good, this thing is a nuisance and I'm right tired of it!

Decided to take today off... can't sit in a chair properly to do my work anyway, so what's the point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2005, 08:40 PM

Hello Snow a big for you, sorry you are going through such a rough time.

Bonny
TAH due to heavy bleeding, fibroid, & endo
Unread 08-15-2005, 08:51 PM

I feel for you!!! I have had 2 kidney stones removed and passed one on my own!!! Don't know which one is worse! lol

Good Luck and maybe you did pass it.. and with the cath you did not go through the pain of passing one on your own!!!

Let us know how it goes!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2005, 11:20 AM

well, I got the cath out yesterday.

The doctor gave me some pyridiam (the stuff you get for UTI's that turn your urine orange)... and it's helping a lot... guess it numbs your bladder and makes it easier to pee.

I see my regular gyn doctor today to discuss ultrasound from Thursday, and probably set a date to have the hysterectomy done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register