Cramping/achey, lower back pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cramping/achey, lower back pain Cramping/achey, lower back pain

Unread 08-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Cramping/achey, lower back pain

For the past couple of weeks, I have had cramping, achiness in my lower abdomen area with some lower back pain. I also have been so TIRED. I have been to my gp, urologist, and yesterday my gyn. My gyn ordered a CT scan of pelvic/abdomen area which I will do on Friday. My question is..... when I was talking to my gyn yesterday about my cramping-and that I was concerned that it was similar to the endo cramping that i used to have...he told me that usually endo doesnt come back after this long of having a TAH. He also said that he almost sure the CT will not show anything, at which point he would refer me to a GI dr for possible irritable bowel/colitis. I have not even had problems in my bowel area. What do you think? The cramps feel the same. He said the CT would show if it is endo, but my sister said she thought usually you get an MRI. Whats the difference between the 2 tests? Its been almost 9 years since my TAH-BSO, and this is the first that I have had as far as pain in that area since. Bladder infection test came back neg. ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 06:41 AM

helppppppp...i need your suggestions
Unread 08-17-2005, 07:07 AM

Juanita,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems again after so long! I hope you find some answers soon!

I just called our MRI dept (I work in a hospital) and asked which procedure was better for looking for endo - an MRI or a CT. She said that a CT would be more appropriate.

And something to keep in mind - if it turns out that you have Adhesions that are now bothering you, these will not show up on any Radiology Scan either. But in my experience they can cause alot of the same symptoms you are describing.

Good luck with your CT! Let us know how you are doing! And as an afterthought - if you ever have questions about what a test can and can't see - don't hesitate to call the hospital that you are having the test done at. Just ask for the radiology dept or more specifacly the modality (US, MRI, CT) and talk to one of the techs. Usually if they can't answer your questions, a Radiologist will. Sometimes you just have to be your best advocate.......

s
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 08:46 AM

Hi:

I can feel for you I've been dealing with the since Feb of this year. All the test come back normal, in the hospital for 5 days on IV, high white blood count, cramps, back hurts, no one can answer this for me. I'm changing doctors next month and hopeing they can find out what is wrong with me. I also had a total HYS 3 years ago, so I should not have cramps. Two GYNO said NO to a lap said "nothing there to look at", like you I don't know who to turn to anymore...

I wish you luck and will pray for us both
Julie
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:13 AM

I am so glad that I am not the only one--the drs are looking at me like i am insane! Nothing there--so I shouldnt have any pain is what they say. My gyn is having me do the ct scan-and said if that is normal, then IT MUST be irritable bowel. Well I havent really had any problems with my bowels, it was the urologist the other day who told me that I had the rectocele-I didnt even have any symptoms from that. So after reading another post---could it possibly be gallbladder related or is that a different area? I feel as though I am grapsing for straws and am getting very frusterated. Meanwhile I am just so tired and feel very run down. I called my gyn this am to ask if it could possibly be scar tissue or adhesions, and they said no because I would have bowel blockage if this was the case-and I dont so they immediately dismissed that. uuuggghhh I also have alot of nausea and heartburn with this but all of the cramping/achiness is lower abdomen not stomach area and lower back pain.
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:22 AM

Oh I know how you feel....I've had a scope for the stomach, the butt, you name it I've had it, all NORMAL except for the white count/cramps/back....I also had my gallbladder out so I have no idea anymore on who to see or what to do....

Try and feel better and let me know if they find anything...

Julie
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:25 AM

Just so you know - having adhesions does not mean that you will have a bowel blockage!!!! Sometimes I wonder about these people. I live with adhesions EVERY DAY! And as of yet, have not had a bowell blockage. So DON'T let them steamroll you! Some doctors think Adhesions are nothing to worry about.....figment of our imagination. I'd sure like to meet these people and have a little chat with them!!!

As far as the Gallbladder - everybodies symptoms are a little different. Mine was removed in 2000 - I was having pain in the center of my chest that went through to the back, but other's have had very different experiences.

Keep asking questions until you get the answers you seek. Someone will know what to do for you!!!

s
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register