self-hypnosis, creative visualization, deep relaxation? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

self-hypnosis, creative visualization, deep relaxation? self-hypnosis, creative visualization, deep relaxation?

Unread 08-17-2005, 08:15 PM
self-hypnosis, creative visualization, deep relaxation?

Hi: Is anyone planning (or experienced with) using self-hypnosis, creative visualization, or deep relaxation exercises to prepare for or recover from surgery? I'm wondering if these techniques can help manage the anxiety, focus me on "being good" and following the correct ways to prepare/recover, and lessen any pain. I've heard there are tapes that can help. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 08:23 PM

Hi Bungipeep,

I listened to deep relaxation and visualization CDs before and after my surgery. I found them to be very helpful. I had a *lot* of anxiety pre-op, and they were the only way I felt I could completely relax! I figured, why not fill my mind with positive thoughts instead of scary ones! I actually listened to them at the hospital too, before they took me in for surgery. I highly recommend them.

Sending best wishes, and positive thoughts!
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM

I didnt know there were tapes out there I would love to know what the names of them are so I can get them for myself. TVH 8-26

Dorlyne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2005, 01:09 PM

Hi Dorlyne,

If you go to the website for either Borders or Amazon and search on "guided meditation", "relaxation", and/or "healing", you will find lots CDs to choose from. This way you can browse a bit, as everyone's tastes are a bit different.

I also got a very inexpensive portable CD player at Target ($20) that works great. No worries about taking it with me to the hospital, or losing it at that price!

Unread 08-19-2005, 11:30 PM
found a CD

Hi: I found a meditation tape:
Health Journeys: A Meditation to Promote Successful Surgery (Audio CD), by Belleruth Naparstek, $19.98 on Amazon. (This info might not be an appropriate post --- I'm not sure.) The blurb:
"Designed to help mind and body anticipate a successful surgery experience, surrouned by protection and support, the body slowing down blood flow and speeding up its mending capacity. Affirmations are geared for post surgical recovery, and the continuous music that scored the imagery is for use ing the operating room."

At any rate, you get the idea of what these CD/tapes contain. I think I'll use them.

Also, when I'm tyring to relax, I visualize/see in my mind, a nice porch in Mexico overlooking a bay and pretend I'm there, with no worries.
Unread 08-20-2005, 04:04 PM

You have some great ideas. Wish I'd known some when I went in. I know now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register