Adenomyosis?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis?? Adenomyosis??

Unread 08-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Adenomyosis??

Can someone put adenomyosis into ""real"" english for me? Also can a person have both adenomyosis and endo??

I was told that I had both when they were doing my surgery...along with 2 fibroids(one the size of a grapefruit and the other about the size of a walnut).

thanks,
amanda

PS Colace is my new best friend!! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Adenomyosis??

I'm not sure if I can explain it well but I too had endo and adno. Adno, according to my doctor, is kind of like endo but it is inside your uterus. It can cause your uterus to contract constantly, therefore, causing constant pain, which is what I had and the reason for my hyster. I know there are lots of women who have had it so others will be able to give you a better discription or just go to google.com and type in "adenomyosis" and it will bring up tons of info for you. What's funny is that I have suffered with endometriosis for years (have had two laporoscopies, inferetility, etc.), but my doctor never told me about the adno. I only found out I had it after my hyster. I hope you're doing well and starting to feel better.
Unread 08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Adenomyosis??

My doctor found that I had Adenomyosis when doing my hysterectomy. Because my uterus was tilted opposite of the normal position, Doc could not do what ever test it is they do to test for endo...too much pain! However, since my periods, cramping and PMS were out of control since my tubal 11 years ago and the fact that I needed a bladder lift we went ahead and did hysterectomy too. Doc said Ando is the sister to Endo and works from the inside of the uterus, something about the tissues growing into the muscles...I think. Doc said that is what was causing my horrible pain and heaviness of periods. Hope this helps you, sorry I couldn't explain it better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Adenomyosis??

Hi Amanda!

If you go to our Resources and type in Adenomyosis, you will find a lot of great links and information about it.

Resources

s, Deb
Unread 08-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Adenomyosis??

Hello there. I have adneomyosis as well. What it is is when the uterine lining that is supposed to be there starts to grow into the uterus. Which is why you have so much pain and then endo is when that same lining ends up outside of you uterus and starts growing there. So they are similar except that endo can go anywhere down there. Where as adneo is inside. It is definately possible to have both. I hope that that helps.
Jacqueline
Unread 08-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Adenomyosis??

I can now say that I HAD adeno, it is also termed intra uterine endo. Myo-is the medical term for muscule. So the endo is growing the the muscular usterine walls instead of outside the uterus. This makes it more difficult to diagnos until the pathology report comes back. In my case it was so far progressed it was begining to grow through the uterus and becoming endo, FUN so glad this is over.
Unread 08-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Adenomyosis??

I had both too. My uterus was tilted also. I think everyone else described it pretty well. I had never heard about it until I finally found a good doctor that suspected it. I am almost 7 months post-op and feel wonderful! From what my doctor told me, a hyst was the only way to get rid of the adeno.
Unread 08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Adenomyosis??

The main reason for my hyst was adeno, but when my DR got in there, she found lots of endo too which I didn't know I had. It was a surprise to me, I feel like I had a double dose of extra growth inside of me. Thank goodness it is all gone
Unread 08-21-2005, 04:18 AM
Adenomyosis??

l to had adenomyosis, only diagnosed from pathology report, uterus was also tilted, l had constant period pain all month,pms.in june 05 l had a d&c,hysteroscopy,removal of right tube,laperoscopy then hyster in july, still have pms bad. hopefully on the mend.
Unread 08-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Adenomyosis??

I was wondering...does adenomyosis cause "swelling" in your belly? Like you are holding water?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register