Enterocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-26-2001, 01:54 PM
Enterocele

Last Thursday, I learned that I now have an enterocele. Having already had repair for a rectocele and a cystoclee and a prolapsed uterus, PLUS a bladder sling, my husband wonders "How many 'seals' do you have up there?"

My doctor says that the repair isn't urgent and that she will take care of it when I get too uncomfortable with it.

How serious is this? What's the repair procedure? How long is the recovery?

I feel like a Boy Scout earning Merit Badges! Pretty soon I'll have my Eagle Award!

Educate me please!

It's been a long time since I logged on here, and I'm looking forward to some fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2001, 04:27 PM
enterocele

I don't know how much I can help you, and to tell you the truth, I don't know why this would happen to you! But I truely feel for you............
Any way I have all the seals too, and for now had the tvh and posterior repairs. This was to fix the enterocele which is essentially a herniation of intestines into your vaginal wall space. The symptoms I had as grusome as it sounds was having trouble passing a bm completely and mine was pushing my uterus down causing the bladder to be pushed down as well. I haven't had my final post op visit , but will find out if everything is in place still. I am so sorry that all of this has happened to you, you've been through so much..let us know what you find out about all this, because obviously I'm quite interested in this as well.
Unread 03-26-2001, 09:46 PM
Enterocele

Yup, I'm having the same symptoms. It's uncomfortable and messy. I wonder how long it will take to recover from that one procedure.

Does anyone know?

I think I will call my doctor on Wednesday. (She does surgeries on Tuesdays and Fridays) and see what she thinks.

Why should I wait? Will it get worse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2001, 08:12 AM
Enterocele

patty,
although i'm not doctor and don't even play one on tv, i can share with you info i've gained as a 'victim' of recurrent celes. you need to ask your doc about all of this.
unless celes are serious, you can let them go without surgery. they are serious when they cause a lot of discomfort or when they interfere too much with your life. this is obviously something that you must decide.
celes never get 'better' but only get progressively worse. the good news is that sometimes there are ways to help them from getting worse.
if you suffer from recurrent celes, you need to seek out a urogynecologist.
recovery from repair is from days to weeks.
there is a lot of info at pelvicfloor.com, obgyn.net, and at the site of dr john miklos(sorry, you'll have to do a search, i forget the address) and also at the site of a womens center in louisville,ky that i forget the address of, also. you might search urogynecolgy to find that one.
hope this helps...i wish you all the best of luck.
susan
(on my third set of various celes in 6 mos)
Unread 03-27-2001, 08:58 AM
enterocele

Hello,
HELP.......what is a enterocele? I am schedule for a LATVH in June (my choice to wait so long) for CINIII that was not completely removed with a Leep an posterior fibriods that seems to be growing. I have been experiencing very painful bouts of what appears to be gas but nothing passes. My stomache get very distended and sour to the touch. My GP did blood work to rule out gallbladder and then gave me meds that are used for IBD. I'm not constipated but have discomfort in pass BM and urine when I am distented. My thought is that possibly my uterus is growing and pushing on my intestines specificly my small intestine. I have a gyn appointment on Thursday. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you
MBS( rethinking my surgery date!)
Unread 03-27-2001, 02:35 PM
a new term to me:-0

Hi Everyone, I have never heard of the term enterocele. Can anyone explain this to me? I am scheduled for vaginal hysterectomy April 10th and want to know all I possibly can before I go in for my pre-op apt. I have had severe pains in my left side for a year now and the doctor thinks perhaps the ovary has attached to the bowel after he performed laproscopic surgery 2 years ago and blew up some cysts on both ovaries. Any information on this would be great. I am also giving up my uterus and cervix because of premalignant disease ... HPV and dysplasia at high levels. During the ultra sound they discovered that the uterus is very plump and the walls are very thick. I tell you when I hit 40, my body began to slowly fall apart! I am 43 now and can't wait till I'm 53 to see what has happened to this body of mine by then! I am amazed at this informative site and how well everything is handled and explained to us ladies in waiting:-) Thank you so much. Love, MeNancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register