Detrol Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Detrol Question Detrol Question

Unread 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Detrol Question

I have been having abdominal pain for some time since the hysterectomy. They seem to feel it is due to the bladder. After several procedures they now want to try me on Detrol..(sp?) I wanted to know if this helps with the abdominal pain? I have frequency - usually about 10-16 times a day but don't have leakage problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Detrol Question

The Detrol would help with the frequency issues. I took it and could last between peeing for 3 hours and not have to get up overnight. I'm not sure about your abdominal pain. Is it lower in your pelvis or near your belly button. Did they test you for IC?
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Detrol Question

Cathy,

If the pains you are having are from bladder spasms, detrol or ditropan will help. It will also help with the frequency issue.

Hope you feel well soon!
Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Detrol Question

Thanks so much for your rapid responses. Diane - they have tested me for IC. They did the distension a few weeks ago and that has helped with regards to fully emptying my bladder. The pain seems to radiate but is closer to the belly button and most often on the left hand side. This has gone on for over a year. A few weeks ago they put me on this antihistamine....(I have lupus) and they thought maybe the immune system was attacking the bladder. I really tried to stay on the meds but I had to take them 3 times a day and I was so tired I could barely function as a 3rd grade teacher. I called today to let them know and they said they would try Detrol. I just wonder if the pain is due to bladder spasms. This has been quite frustrating to say the least.
Cathy
Unread 08-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Detrol Question

If it is bladder spasms the Detrol will help. When I took it before the dr told me that it may take 2 weeks to "work", but it really took about a month for me to feel back to normal, so if you decide to try the drug, give it some time.
Unread 08-23-2005, 09:53 AM
detrol

I too was put on Detrol yesterday, I wish I had your frequency vs 90% incontinence, every time i stand, move, bend (even a little). I am young, 41, with 4 kids, had TAH on 08/09, today is 2 weeks out. I really hope this helps. I am still w/o feeling along t he incision line, pubic area and upper portion of one thigh.
Unread 08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Detrol Question

tah...

If you continue to have incontinence problems, you might want to consider seeing a urologist. They really know a lot more than the gyne about that sort of problem. Hope the Detrol helps!

Also, the numbness takes awhile to go away...very gradually. However, one day in a couple of weeks you will suddenly realize you can feel your thigh again!!

Hope your recovery goes well!
Dee
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Detrol Question

Hello Again Sisters:
I just started the Detrol last night and I have 2 questions about what I am experiencing so far.
1) My urine has a strong odor to it?
2) There is a strange, tingling sensation, (kind of like the possible onset of a uti) on my urethra.
What are your thoughts on this? I've only take one pill.
Always appreciate your comments.
Thank you in advance.
Cathy
Unread 08-26-2005, 05:51 AM
detrol

I have been on Detrol for 5 days now and have not noticed any difference whatsoever. However, this is not uncommon as it can take a couple of weeks to work.
Unread 08-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Detrol Question

Hi Cathy
I really like ((Dee's)) suggestion about seeing a urologist. I had similar symptoms and took Detrol LA. It helped with the frequency but the pain and odor lingured. I had a kidney stone that had dumped itself into my bladder and was trying to find it's way down the urethra. A urologist is a great idea! I hope you find a solution soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register