Grrr...something new! SI injections and a hole where stiches were!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Grrr...something new!  SI injections and a hole where stiches were!!! Grrr...something new! SI injections and a hole where stiches were!!!

Unread 08-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Grrr...something new! SI injections and a hole where stiches were!!!

Ladies! I do believe that I'm going to pull my hair out. I had an appt with my PM doctor this morning. It's the first time I've seen her since my surgery in July. I was telling her about how I was still having a lot of low back pain, and lower abdominal pain....especially since the surgery. She did this "thing" to my back that I thought she was going to have to scrape me off the ceiling!!! She was "checking" to see where I was tender - and OH BOY did she find them all!!! I am still hurting!!! Apparently when I had surgery they moved my body while my feet where strapped in those boot things - which pulled the tendons in my pelvis???? So now they are inflammed - and causing problems. She thinks that I should have Injections that will go all the way around my pelvis...and this should help. Anybody had SI injections???

And then.........I notice some bloody discharge near my incision site this afternoon. I dabbed at it with a tissue and OMG there was a hole there. I nearly fainted. I could see inside. Thing that gets me is that I still have my stitches there. Supposedly they are the kind that dissolve???? But mine apparently are defective! LOL They are still in BOTH locations (belly button and incision above pelvic hair). And the hole is like the stitches have pulled it open. :hair:

ANY IDEAS?????? Anybody have this happen? And what are the SI injections going to be like????

Thanks!
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2005, 04:26 PM

I am sorry about your pains. Call the doc and let her know about the incision. You dont want it to get infected!! The only significant pain I have had is also low back pain! I have been using the heating pad.

GA
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:49 PM

Cortney
I've had several incisions reopen. My suggestion is for you to call the doctor pronto! The last time this happened to me, I caught it in time and the doc just needed to snip the incision and put some packing in there. He said that he was glad that I called him right away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 07:40 AM

Oh Cortney! I'm so sorry to hear you are still struggling too! I am sending you many many 's. Take it from someone who has been there with the incision issues, Call your doc.!! The last thing you want on top of all of this is to become infected... I know at one point my doc put me on an antibiotic and my incision closed in a matter of days!! Make the call girl!

Take Care, let us know how you are.

Mel
Unread 08-23-2005, 09:17 AM

hi all...

My doc is still out on medical leave, but the doctor on call suggested I come in and see the Nurse Pract. I'm going today at 11:45. I'm hoping that it's something that will heal on it's own without a lot more things. But I doubt it will be that easy. Doesn't ever seem to be! lol

Thanks for your kind words! And has anybody else had the SI injections???

Thanks again!
s
Cortney
Unread 08-23-2005, 11:19 AM

Hi!
Are SI injections also known as sacroilliac injections? If so, if my facet joint nerve block injections don't work today and next week, I will be looking into that as well. My doc's going to tell me more about my other options if it is not in fact my facet joint nerves, and instead, my sacroilliac nerves...so I'll let you know what he tells me about that.
I've never had anything like any of this, and I'm scared to death of this nerve block, since this needle is going between my vertebrae or into my spine or something. I'll post when I get back--I know it's not quite the same thing, but I may be able to shed a little light on this whole thing! Sometimes I wonder if my PM doc is crazy, but maybe he's on the right track
I'll post soon--I'm leaving at 1:30 to go to the doc!
I hope you get that incision site looked at and that everything's o.k!
Talk to you soon,
Christina
Unread 08-23-2005, 01:54 PM

ok, i'm back...wow, that was something else...i can't explain it all again, so if you want, you can just read my other post on this site entitled "1st facet nerve block..." from today. I know SI is different, so maybe it won't be that bad for you. But hey, it's over in 5 minutes and now I feel really good! But is was something else alright....
~~Christina
Unread 08-24-2005, 09:54 PM

About the injections... My gyn did what he called "triggerpoint injections" and that sounds like what your doc wants to do for you. I was getting them for chronic pelvic pain in my right side before my LAVH. I hate to say this, but they are no fun. I had approx. 11-13 on my right side every 2 weeks. I've heard that they help some people - some immediatly, some after several rounds - but I got no relief. The injections numbed the area for a few hours (kind of like Ambesol does for a toothache), then the pain came back but was more intense due to the bruised feeling from the injections. It might be something you want to give a couple of tries (if you can take the actual procedure)... it might do something for you - and I know we're all pretty much in the "oh gawd I'll try anything at this point" camp. You never know which one will be "IT"! Best of luck and lots of 's
Unread 08-25-2005, 08:01 AM

lovely! Just what I didn't want to hear. I was under the impression that it was a one time thing........I can't keep taking days off for this! (How am I supposed to go on vacation!!! ) I'm really nervous about the injections. And she told me that I would be sore for a while afterward.

I did see the NP about the opening where my stitches were - she said that my body was supposed to absorb the stitches, but it was rejecting them and trying to push them out of my body. SO she went ahead and removed them, and then used steristrips to close it back up. Just told me to use neosporin on it. So we'll see how this goes!

Thanks again for all of your kindness!

s
Cortney
Unread 08-25-2005, 08:27 AM

This I have experience with! I have had actual SI injections 3x and trigger point injections once. They aren't the same thing... SI is into the actual SI joint, trigger point is into the muscle. Your doc might be talking about a combination of the two.

The trigger point injections themselves didn't hurt much, they were quick and helped get the muscle out of spasm. The SI ones you will feel alot of pressure (not pain) during the actual injections and you will be sore for several days afterwards. My PM doc said some people have good luck with them only being done once, others need repeats. Lucky me, I'm a repeat person. But, they did help with my pain for a couple of months in between and I was grateful for the relief. I was told that I could go back to (light) work right after, but I don't work so... I think that day would have been ok, but the next 2 or 3 days I spent in bed on the heating pad.

Guess it's like everything else, different people react different ways. If you have any more questions that I can answer feel free to PM me. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register