TAH - my castle story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH - my castle story TAH - my castle story

Unread 08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
TAH - my castle story

well on the day of my surgery Thursday july 28 2005, i got up at 4 am, i had to be there at 5:30, needless to say my nerves were shot!
we got there and a nurse called me back to change into my princess gown and then they let my dh and kids come back to wait with me. it wasnt very long until they came to roll up to the or waiting room and i had to say good bye to my family, that was actually the worst part. then this very nice anesthesiologist came in and asked me a ton of questions and took my vitals,started an i.v. about 20 minutes later he returned to give me my happy juice, its very good!
then i was off tp OR where i slid to table and they put on my stockings. then the anesthesiologist gave me another shot and the next thing i remember is the recovery room and being in ALOT of pain, i was in and out until i got to my room and the put mr in my bed.
then my dh came in with flowers and balloons.
most of that day is pretty foggy. that evening i got coffee and a liquid diet. the next day friday, they took off the thing on my legs and the catheter and i got up
and walked, i wanted to pass gas cause i was starving!
i did and i got dinner, woohoo my stay was a great experience, everyone was wonderful, i did really good and got to come home on that sunday. Since then i have been a good princess and for the first 2 1/2 weeks only got up to walk and bathroom duties! my dh and dk's
have taken care of everything and i have wanted for nothing! i am a lucky princess now i am 4 weeks post op tomorrow.my incision is healing beautifully and although i still have pain, i have great pain meds to take care of that. so for all you ladies in waiting let me say that the waiting is the worst part!
when everything is all said and done, it is soooooooo worth it, i would do it again in a second!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register