finally going on sick leave :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally going on sick leave :( finally going on sick leave :(

Unread 08-24-2005, 10:21 PM
finally going on sick leave :(

well girls the day has finally come, this trigeminal neuralgia pain in my head has taken over and I just can't take enough of the anti-seizure med to control the pain at work and if I take anymore I nod off....so as of this Fri I'm off until I see the neurosurgeon and get booked for the procedure to fix this pesky nerve problem in my brain and then think about going back

plus I have another hydrodistension/fulguration on my bladder on Sept 16....so it's all happening at once....

it's been very hard, especially since everyone at work keeps saying how well I look but actually I'm in more pain then ever....I feel like I'm giving up my livelyhood....I mean there is only me to support me bu what else can I do?

well just wanted to talk to my sisters and let them know what's up, I'm here lurking around sending hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Gidge,
So sorry you are having these problems and hope that you get some relief from the procedure. I know what you mean by being sole support. I am also single and support myself. I remember you from 2000 when I was first on Hystersisters. Now I feel like it was so long ago. My prayers are with you.
Unread 08-25-2005, 07:47 PM

thanks one more day to go I can do it right? It doesn't help that most of the woman in my office are furious with me that I have the nerve to go an indefinite sick leave....like I want to or something...oh well...one more day that's what I keep telling myself and then next week I have the neurologist and then Tues I have my preadmission for my bladder procedere.......it's very very hard to leave your job and not know when you're returning and you are the only income I just feel like I'm jumping off a very high diving board!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 08:53 PM

{{{{{{{{Gidge}}}}}}}

You are in my thoughts & 's Do not let what these women think bother you. You need to be consentrating on what you have to do to get yourself back to good health.

&

Unread 08-26-2005, 01:25 AM

Hi Gidge,

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this, and especially being financially alone. I do agree with you quitting work until you can get some help. And screw the girls at work who are giving you attitude...let them walk just a couple of days in your shoes and see how well they deal with it.

You said you felt like you were getting ready to jump off of a high diving board...think of this whole experience like you are an Olympic diver who does all sorts of twists and turns up in the air and then you go into the water with your toes pointed knowing you did a perfect dive with just a little splish of water and you score all 10's and then there's a whole new life awaiting you.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how everything goes. Big hugs to you, and just know that we are all here for you!
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:50 AM

GIdge:

s I am so relieved to hear you are going to take some time off of work to heal. I think this is a very positive move. I know it is scary financially.

You have OUR full support. I agree with Rubystar, to heck with those who can't understand. I remember there was this woman who worked in one of our offices who had chronic health issues and the comments that she was faking it surfaced and I said "what if she's not? How horrible would it be to be her?" Shame on those who assume the worst. I believe most people are just trying to play the hand they are dealt to the best of their ability.

Lots of gentle healing s for you!!!! Don't let the jerks get you down.
Unread 08-26-2005, 02:18 PM

(((Gidge)))
You are certainly in my ers. I think you are doing the right thing my friend. I really think you need this time to get your medical problems taken care of. You will be able to take the time you need after surgery to heal.

I know what you mean about the comments. Just because we look good, doesn't mean that we're not hurting.

Unread 08-26-2005, 05:59 PM

(((((Gidge))))) I'm sorry it's reached this point Hopefully, being off work will help you concentrate on recovering and will give you a chance to concentrate on the most important person: you!!!

We're here for you, sweetie: I know it was a hard decision. ing that it all works out for the best

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register