Now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Now what?

I had my SAH 2 yrs 3 mos ago (due to large fibroids, heavy bleeding and cramping) and for the last 2 months I had some minor vaginal bleeding along with severe cramping, it has happen exactly around the same time both months almost like a normal menstrual cycle. I went last week to my Dr. and they did a pap smear that today came back abnormal, the nurse told me is "A type cells with a high grade dysplasia" and now they need to do a biopsy to see what the problem is. I'm literally devastated mainly because I insisted so much in keeping my cervix that finally my Dr. told me she wouldn't removed only because I have NEVER had an abnormal pap and I don't have any family history of cervical cancer but now I don't know if I made the right decission in keeping my cervix. If anyone has more info on this pap result, please respond to me, my biopsy is not schedule until Sept. 9 and I'm going crazy thinking it could be cancer. Thank you all so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Now what?

Oh, sweetie, I know how you feel....my situation was a little different, but I understand how horrible this is. My "cervical dysplasia" was found during my routine pap in June of 04--i had been severely leaning toward a hyst anyway, but this really put me over the edge. My doctor at the time said, we can repeat and do cones, and LEEPs and all that, but since we're probably going to do the hyst anyway, let's just take out your cervix...

Well, its a good thing they did, because "dysplasia" which is just pre-cancerous cells in June turned into stage I cervical cancer (according to path report and doc) in Nov when I had my hyst.

Please don't blame yourself or kick yourself--you couldn't have known at the time, and you thought it over, and consulted your doctor....maybe everything will work out just fine and they can manage this. They can get it out, before it turns into anything else, and that will be the end of it. I don't even have a cervix, but I worry a lot sometimes about having the "bad stuff" on my vaginal cuff or something....so I go off and cry and panic when somethings wrong and think I have cancer...but the chances of that are so slim, that I just snap back into reality and go on living.

There's so much in my head right now, but I can't seem to express it into words...I just want to cry because I remember going through this (i know it's different, but you know) and I feel for you so much. We're always here for you. I know it sounds trite, but just try to keep your head up until the biopsy...before every surgery or biopsy I've had over the last couple of years, when I would get all panicky, my mom would always say to me (I'm not married or anything, and i live w/my parents) "if something's there, it's there right now. crying isn't going to change that, because it's still going to be there or not be there when you have surgery". To me, that's kinda callous, but I'm the emotional one and she's the realist........
And she has a point. I wish I could tell you not to worry. But that's ridiculous, because you will anyway. I'm praying for you--not just that everything turns out great, but that you get some peace of mind. I just wanted to let you know that I understand.
Christina
Unread 08-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Now what?

Thank you so much for your reply and good wishes, I'm definetly going to star thinking for possitive until my biopsy. Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register