My CT Scan Results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My CT Scan Results My CT Scan Results

Unread 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
My CT Scan Results

Ok....My oncologist called and said that she had a long talk with the radiologist who read the results from my cat scan this morning. Bottom line was that they had to hunt for something different from the scan in May.

Well, the radiologist came up with some very very minute lymph node involvement which was hardly visable. It is in the pelvic area which is where I had my surgery last year. My oncologist said that if my body had not been soo soo sensitive to the ca125 protein marker, it would not have been found. So for those of us whose number leaps, not creeps, it is not always a bad thing.

My onocologist wants me to go on Doxil. It is once a month, no side effects, and you do not loose your hair.(yeah!!!)

I am going to start it the week after my cruise! Thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes. I think that I can handle this one with all your help again.
Love,
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
oy

Oh man, Rosalie. I've been out of town for the past 10 days and something made me go to the library here and check up on things....now I know why.... I am sooo sorry to hear the news of your rising ca-125..but remember...IT's ONE ca-125 TEST. And one test does not a trend make!

If you want my advice, as has been said..GO ON THE CRUISE! A week or two or three isnt' going to make a difference. Go, rest, relax (I know, easy for me to say) and just breathe deeply and know that if this (rising ca-125) turns into an issue that persists, you are up to the challenge. Do some positive visualizing while at sea...what a great place to calm your inner thoughts and strengthen your mind.

Hang in there!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

XOXOX
K9
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
My CT Scan Results

Rosalie
Once again Karenann has given you such good advice.
No matter what the CT scan shows go on that cruise.
Hang in there.
s
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
My CT Scan Results

BIG s Rosalie

You are truly amazing!!!
One day later and you are sounding your strong determined self already. Way to go!!!
Hopefully you will tolerate Doxil extremely well and beat that lymph node back into remission.
Now put it all out of your mind and get busy packing.
Have a fabulous cruise.

oxoxoxox karenann
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
My CT Scan Results

s Rosalie
Not what you were expecting but not too bad. They had to go looking for the spot!

Glad to hear you are going to head off and enjoy your cruise. May the Doxil take care of that pesky lymph node.

Jane
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
My CT Scan Results

Wow--you DO have a very sensitive CA125. I've heard very good things about Doxil. Now when you're on the cruise and it's hot and you want something cool, order a Pink Squirrel for me. It's gently alcoholic and has ice cream and it'll make you feel cool and relaxed. Then we're going to beat those nodes with that Doxil. Goodbye cancer!
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
My CT Scan Results

{{Rosalie}}

I'm so glad to hear you've already received the results and a game plan in the works.

And, I'm VERY glad to see you're going to go on your cruise, have a wonderful peaceful time and enjoy yourself.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:58 PM
My CT Scan Results

Rosalie,
Super...not as bad as you thought..you must be super sensitive to the ca125. Was thinking about you not sleeping last nite! Enjoy your cruise....you deserve it! I have heard super stuff about doxil.
Hugs,
Janice
Unread 08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
My CT Scan Results

I know that I'm new here, but i was thinking of you today, hoping you got good news. i'm glad the news was better than you were preparing for, i hope you have a wonderful cruise!

jenn
Unread 08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
My CT Scan Results

Rosalie -

Glad you got totalkto your doc today and have a game plan. Enjoy that cruise!

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register