rectocele and cytocele repair question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele and cytocele repair question rectocele and cytocele repair question

Unread 08-27-2005, 07:49 AM
rectocele and cytocele repair question

When haveing these repairs...does this in a since also lift the bladder? I am concerned that if the surgen suggests these repairs to me and it does lift the bladder, that could also mean it will straighten my uretha out wouldnt it? And for me that would be VERY BAD!! Because of the fact my bladder no longer contracts this could mean total incontinets for me!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!...Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 06:21 PM

Hi (((Netty))) I believe that cystocele (which means bladder prolapse) repair usually involves a bladder lift. Considering your issues, your doctor may opt for another alternative, but that is something you will have to discuss, should repair surgery be suggested.
Unread 08-27-2005, 08:30 PM

Hi Dany,
I messed up when I posted this question....I ment to say rectocele and vaginal vault prolaps. Sorry! I know I have a severe cystocele, which is why Im wondering if I had the other issues taken care of , would it also lift my bladder in the process? I'm guessing it would.
I had an appt. with my Doctor this past week and she did confirm a rectocele and vault prolaps along with the cystocele which I already knew about. She also wants me to go for an abdominal CT scan because my ovaries are really bothering me and she suspects possable endo or adhesions, but wants to rule other conditions out.
I have an appt. with a surgen this weds. also because my immune system isnt doing its job and I suddenly am being invaded with warts on my hands and planters warts on the bottom of my feet and now I have a cyst on the side of my face near my eye!! Just about everything that could just make you totaly misserable! So I'm hopeing to at least to get all these cysts and warts removed wednesday, he is also going to check out the prolapses at the same time!!
That same day before the appt with the surgen I have an appt with a new Uro! Hopeing to see if maybe anything new out there is on the market that can help me.
I begining to wonder if in the end I may end up haveing to do what the Uro in New Hampshire had suggested...and that was to close off the bladder outlet and just cath through my abdomen. I wasnt really interested in even discusing that with her then so I'm not too sure what that would intale. I just know Im tired of the back aches and and the bowel incontinets/ constipation, and now the ovaries are killing me! Wednesday will be an interesting day I'm sure!!.....Netty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2005, 07:46 AM
health problems

Ossa, I would strongly recommend that you see a Dr.
that can help get your general health in order, it sounds
like you are really down, and of course that can effect
the out come of all this. Good luck and take care.
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:17 AM

((((Netty)))) I'm so sorry you're dealing with so many issues, all at once I agree that you need to see someone who can address all, or most, of these issues.

Regarding the bladder lift, I believe that you can opt to only have the vaginal vault and rectocele repairs at this stage. This would not involve lifting the bladder. However, if the bladder is severely prolapsed, not lifting it may affect the durability of the repairs. Definately something to discuss with your surgeon!!!

Hang in there. I do hope you find answers soon
Unread 08-28-2005, 12:27 PM

slt.and Dany....Thank you for your concern...Unfortunatly I HAVE been seeing Doctors for quite some time now, and have not felt good for seems like forever!! My neurologist wants me to go to a major facility for extensive testing...They make it all sound so easy as far as getting to make all these appts.!I do have to work full time which is about 56 hours a week in 5 days. I'm also a single Mom so its not like I can just take time off! If I'm not at work..my job dosent get done sooo that means makeing it up and working longer hours! I'm actualy takeing this weds. off for these appts., which means Thursday and Friday will be nightmares!
My PCP has been doing the process of elimation trying to figure out whats going on! It seems to me everyone is trying and know something is wrong....but just havent found out what!!
I told my PCP one day that it feels like one of these days I'm going to drop dead.....and then they'll do an autopsy and they'll say "OH thats what it was...we could have treated that!!
Maybe these abdominal and Pelvic CT scans will shed some light??
I also refuse to take anything for pain until they can tell me whats going on!! They did finally talk me into takeing a drug for the chronic fatiege and let me tell you Ladies this drug is a GOD send!! It's not a anfedimine(sp) so it doesnt WIRE you up like the others . They did try ridilan on me ,which is also used for narcolepsy however it really twitted me out!! I hate DRUGS!! So It did take the Neuro about 2 months to talk me into trying the Provigil! It simply just makes you feel awake!! Not eye popping awake just awake!! I'll tell you I am now ALOT safer behind the wheel for sure!! I would dose off, it was terrible!! So this is truley a God Send!!
So as you can see My Doctors are trying...its just takeing SOOOO darn long!!
Thanks again .....Netty
Unread 08-28-2005, 01:36 PM

's Netty,
I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and adding you to my 's. I hope everything works out for you, take some time in the evenings and have some peace and quiet.( I know this is very difficult but try and take some time for you!) I wish you the very best, let me know how things are going...

Your friend
Mel
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:10 PM
no wonder you are sick

All those hours you work, and the stress is enough to
tear your health down, my heart goes out to you. I don't
know how you are hanging on. Makes my problems seem
minor. I have talked to people that have taken Provigil,
and they say it really works. I am going to talk to my
NP about it next time. Hang in there. There's always
hope, just keep trying.
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Thank You Mel...Your so sweet!!

slt..This Provigil has been a real life saver for me, I highly recomend it!!
It's sounds funny you mention the hours I work...I've only been doing this route for about 7 months. The last route I was on for 2 years and that was 7 days a week 14-16 hours days during the spring and summer, and about 9-10 hour days during the winter! I knew after last year I would not be able to continue doing that!! It was literlaly killing me!! And I had a Boss from Hell at that time!! So thats why my health issues upset me soo much now, because I'm actually doing half the work I had been and a wonderful Boss with No stress!! So It's not like I havent tried to change for the better as far as putting less stress on myself!
I thought for sure by makeing the changes with work that I would get better....maybe the damage is already done?
I could surley cope much better knowing what the heck is happening!! I just keep telling myself Tomorrow is another day!!
As far as hope.....well thats one thing I wont give up!! Not to say I don't have my days....and many of you know that I do, I never give up!! Thanks again.....Netty
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:37 PM
over worked

Well, Netty, now I feel even worse. Everything must be
just a blurr, my heart really goes out to you, and it really makes me appreciate my life. I hope the
provigil doesn't make you over do even more. I am just
stumpted on something comforting to say. God Bless is
all I can think of. slt

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register