My Pre-Op appointments were today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Pre-Op appointments were today My Pre-Op appointments were today

Unread 08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
My Pre-Op appointments were today

Well, I had my two pre-op appointments today...I had to go to the hospital first...they did all the necessary insurance paperwork and had me sign consent forms...then I had to go back and talk with a nurse and she went over my past medical history...had my blood pressure taken (it was high because I was nervous...141/95 YIKES!! I have NEVER had a problem with high BP)...She asked if I was taking BP Medication and I said No I was just nervous...then I had to do a urine sample and bloodwork...Then I was off to my second appointment with the doc...She took my BP again and it was 138/88, slightly lower than the first one at the hospital...She said she wasn't concerned with my BP because I don't have a history of High BP and she thought it was just nerves...She actually told me that she would have been more worried if I didn't show signs of nervousness...LOL! Then she listened to my heart and lungs...I had to sign consent forms for her to do the surgery and we had the Q&A session...I think I'm good to go...NERVOUS, but good to go...

I will head off to the castle at 5:45am on Wednesday for a 7:30am procedure...I look forward to seeing my sisters "on the other side"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2005, 06:24 PM

I'm glad your pre-op went well. My BP was a little higher than usual at my pre-op appointment, too, and my doctor figured it was just nerves. It was.

I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery and I pray that everything goes well!

s, Deb
Unread 08-29-2005, 07:27 PM

I wish you all the best as the countdown continues.

and take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register