TAH - with bladder suspension | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH - with bladder suspension TAH - with bladder suspension

Unread 08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
TAH - with bladder suspension

Well I am now 1 week postop and here is my story about the whole thing. I arrived at the hospital Mon Aug22 at 1030 surgery 12:00pm. Hubby stayed with me till after they put the IV in, no trouble so far. I walked with the nurses down to the OR and was soon waking up the the recovery room in a lot of pain. I had a catheter in and oxygen mask the nurses pushed the pain pump for me and they kept me in there till 5:15 till they brought me out to my room because of the catheter or something, kind of a blurr that day. I got a private room. They gave me a suppository for pain and that night my mom(who happens to be nurse) came and rubbed my back and got me cleaned up. Didn't sleep well pushed the morphine alot.
Tues, got sick 2 times in the morning, very very painful with a stomach full of staples. They took me off the morphine pump and gave me oxycontin pills and demoral gravol IV. Got sick 2 more times. Took off the oxygen.
Wed: Got moved to a ward still can't eat anything, just drinking lots of water and had a juice today and peppermint tea. Nurse took IV out this afternoon. Tonight woke up with headache at 1 in the morning took tylenol and got up at 3 having to puke again.
Thurs: Finally they took me off the oxycontin(sister drug to morphine) and kept me on demoral shots and tylenol 3's. Tough way to learn I do not agree with morphine or any of it's partners.
I had lots of visitors and had some good moments throughout it all. Ate a little tiny bit today. Catheter taken out today and hooray I could pee ok and didn't have to have it put back in. Some gas passing but no action on the other end.
Fri: Still not hungry but feeling better, walking around and doctor let me go home around 1:30.
I used the hospital gown till the iv was taken out and used the mesh panties till I came home. Hospital provided the pads, luckily mine was very scant and was totally gone on Thurs.
Had staples(14) removed today Mon 28, and was surprised at how big it was but he said the 2 fibroids I had were huge and the uterus was very enlarged. I was able to keep my ovaries.
Glad to have it all behind me now and now just to relax and do nothing. Finally had a BM today. And after 7 days ate a meal without the nausea. Things are getting better all the time.
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register