Any 7 weekers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 7 weekers? Any 7 weekers?

Unread 08-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Any 7 weekers?

I'm at 7 weeks and am doing relatively well, but I have a few questions for any of you out there who either remember or are at 7 weeks. I constantly feel like I'm having menstrual cramps. It's not a bad pain, just very annoying. Since the reason for my hysterctomy was endo I guess I'm just worried that it is already back! I'm just curious if it's normal to feel this way all the time. Thanks!
Leisha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Any 7 weekers?

Hi Leisha,
I can't really tell you what you're feeling, but I remember feeling pretty crampy at least on and off for quite a while. You're still healing at 7 weeks and it sure could be normal healing continuing,especially as you get more busy and are up and doing more.
What did your dr say about it? I hope that with the passing of time you will feel better.

's, Rita
Unread 08-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Any 7 weekers?

Leisha and (((((7 week sister)))))

I haven't had any cramps. I did feel pretty irritated and pmsy a few days and looked at the calendar and sure enough it was that time of the month. I was thrilled with my 1st dry period!

I feel pretty good overall, except for a nagging pressure under my right rib. I've posted about it and am getting it checked out by the doc. I don't know if it is surgery related at this point. I still have a few days that I feel just wiped out. But mostly I feel soooo much better than before surgery.

I hope you get that figured out. I have heard of people feeling crampy after hyst, but I think that was with people who had kept their ovaries. Maybe gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
7weeker

I don't have cramps but if I bend or do to much I feel like yuck. Not sure how to decribe it. So still having good days and bad. Mostly good days. I still have a tad of spotting and doc says one spot is still not healed and I have to go very easy. Doc thought I was doing to much. So good easy,slow down and see if that works. I get to go back to work full time,next week. I'm excited and nervous. Hope I can handle full time again. I wish you well and take care.
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Any 7 weekers?

Hi, everybody. I was 7 wks on Monday.

Leisha - I have exactly the same feeling you're talking about. Told DH about it and he looked at me like I was crazy. It feels identical to menstrual cramps. Don't know what it is though.
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Any 7 weekers?

Hi to all!! Wanted to let you know that I had LAVH on 7-13 and I still have funny twinges in my tummy. It almost feels like sometimes it's in a knot or something. When I wake up in the morning I always feel great w/no pain at all in my tummy. It's when I have been up doing things that it develops. I asked my doc and he said that it's part of the healing process!! I do feel more tired sometimes than usual, but overall I feel great. I started back to work half days on 8-8 and resumed full time on 8-15. I have started getting back into my excersise routine. I broke the rules and had sex in my 4th week and I confessed to my doc and he said everything was healing fine w/no problems and to continue as I have been!!! My sex drive is off the charts and I have to share w/all of you that my big "O" is the best it has ever been!!!!! I have no regrets about having this surgery!! I'm finally back to my old self!!! Thank God!!
Hugs to all of you!!
Unread 08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Any 7 weekers?

I am at 7 weeks today. I don't have any cramping, but I do get extremely tired after a full day of mild activity. I have to go back to work tomorrow and am dreading it. (Still trying to convince DH that letting me be a housewife would benefit him immensely. He isn't buying it though). I am still under a 5lb restriction and no intercourse until the end of October.
Unread 08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Any 7 weekers?

I had my LAVH on July 18th, 2005 and I know exactly what your talking about. I am having the same thing. My doctor told me that it's all part of the healing process and not to worry about it. I have noticed lately that I have lost some stitches, much to my surprise!! Not a fun thing to find!! I am also back at work working 8 hour days, 5 days a week. I do alot of walking at work as well. If it becomes a continual thing for me, I will sure as heck call her back, but she said it may last awhile while I'm healing.
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Any 7 weekers?

For those of you who said you experience pain similar to mine, have you had sex yet, and if so did it make matters worse? I don't know if mine is related to sex because the pain is almost every day. Although, when I first starting having sex it didn't hurt and now it does. Maybe I need to stop having intercourse and see if things get better. Thanks for all your replies!

Leisha
Unread 08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Any 7 weekers?

Leisha,

I had sex, with the doctors permission, at the 5 week mark. I have kept my ovaries with my LAVH. I don't think this pain is related to sex because I had similar pain before I did for the first time. I just think it has more to do with the passing of stitches and the more advanced stages of healing with losing them. I'm not a doctor though, I'm just going by what I feel. I hope this helps you ......

Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register