nerves are getting to me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nerves are getting to me nerves are getting to me

Unread 09-01-2005, 08:04 AM
nerves are getting to me

Hey gals! I've got a question....is it normal to be snappy all the time before the big day?? It seems like every little thing just ticks me off.....my poor hubby and son. LOL I was just wondering if it was just me or has everybody been acting this way too?? My hubby just looks at me funny then walks away....he knows im upset and worried and scared about the surgery but never says a word back. (thank goodness cause id have to bodyslam him if he opened his mouth) hahaha j/k It just makes me feel bad for fussing all the time over silly stuff....what can I do to make myself a little more easier to live with til my surgery in 13 days?? Right now "I" even get on my own nerves. LOL

Yvonne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I know how you feel

I am a nervous person anyway but before my hysterectomy I was worse i was scared and snapped at people all the time even after I had mine I am easily irritated I wish you well in your surgery and hope things get better for you.
Unread 09-01-2005, 08:40 AM
nerves are getting to me

Hi,
My TAH is on 9/12/05 and Im a wreck. Today I screamed at my husband who didnt get home from work until after midnight because he didnt jump out of bed this morning to help me out with getting our daughter to school. Then while I drove like a mad woman to get to her there on time some poor foolish man driver made the mistake of cutting me off since he was in a hurry. BAD MISTAKE. I became someone I dont know. My daughter (14) said MOOOOM What is wrong with you????? I know its my nerves. The to top it off my little girl shih tzu was being snorfleed today so I had to get teary while delivering her to the vet for her procedure. I do feel sorry for her but I think I was crying for me more than her. I feel like I have a lump of tension in the middle of my chest. I cant imagine next week or more so the next weekend..... Im going to ask for some med help for 10th and 11th next week at pre op. I apologized a few weeks ago to family and close friends because I felt like I was withdrawing from the world. I guess next I'll have to be apologizing for my attitude. I did call Hubby from work today to say I dont want to fight and he said I understand. I dont think I had to explain anything further to him, at least this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
nerves are getting to me

This is a normal reaction to have when you're undergoing such a serious event in your life!! Just remember to be kind to yourself and do things that make you happy - only watch t.v. that makes you laugh. If you feel your getting to agitated go for a walk by yourself and let it pass- if you can!

I am at almost 10 months and am doing pretty well, so just hang in there and know you'll get through this one moment at a time!!

peace,
tina
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
nerves are getting to me

swtbon70, I too have not been myself lately. I haven't been too crabby, but have been very prone to tears at the drop of a hat!!! And I am not like that at all normally!!! The other night when my wonderful husband was making dinner I just started crying. He just said 'you're stressed now and that's normal, just try to keep it together for yourself'. I went out today and bought some stuff I needed to pack. I feel so much better now knowing I have everything I need ready to pack. I'm the type to get stressed over anything if I'm not ready for it. Now that I have most stuff ready, I feel much more calm. I'm ready to get on with things!!!
Good luck, I hope this helps a bit...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register