Cone Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Cone Biopsy

Hi girls. I am back again. Went on this website two years ago thinking I had adeno carcinoma in situ. My biopsies all came back negative and that it was just inflammation. What a relief. Now, two years later I am back - more irregular paps, and a biopsy which confirms severe dysplasia/possible adenocarcinoma. I am 33 years old - just got married - and was trying to plan a family when this happened. My doctor told me he wants to schedule me for a cone biopsy - but that I have to be off work for 4 weeks minimum and bed rest the whole time. After reading the input from this site I noted most people are back to normal way before that. Why so long for me? Is it because he is taking a larger part of my cervix? I am scared to death right now. And, same as two years ago, I am back here looking for some kind words and some advice. I am probably going in for surgery in the next 6-8 weeks .....wouldn't you know it - just in time for us to move in to a new house. Looks like I won't be helping too much in that department...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Cone Biopsy

Hi Sandy,

I had a cone almost two weeks ago, and I feel fine. I was told not to do any lifting for 24 hours. Other than a little spotting here and there, there was no other problem.

Eleni
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Cone Biopsy

I haven't had a cone biopsy, but my sister had one earlier this year and I don't even think she was overnight in the castle for it. Certainly not a 4-week recovery period. Is there a possibility the biopsy will turn into more extensive surgery if something is found?

I think for your own peace of mind you should check with the doc and make sure of the procedure you're having. There could be something particular in your situation which is causing this to be more difficult.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Cone Biopsy

Thanks girls. I am going to my family doctor today for a second opinion - and then maybe even getting referred by a third. Everyone I have talked to says their recovery time was not that long and I am confused as to what I am actually getting done. I will keep you all posted....and thanks for being there for me.
Unread 09-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Cone Biopsy

Hello again girls. I went to my family doctor and also confirmed with my surgeon that the recovery period is only 2 weeks - not 4. Maybe he is taking a larger portion of my cervix out and I need more time to rest? Also, I am kinda scared. Reading everything I have read about adenocarcinoma I see that most women require a hysterectomy? I guess I will have to wait and see the results of my cone...but I am very frightened this could be more serious and require more surgery?
Unread 09-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Cone Biopsy

Sandeelion:

I wouldn't start worrying just yet. If it's topical, i.e. sever dysplasia or andenocarcinoma in-situ, the cone biopsy can also act as the cure. Wait and see what the pathology report says. I understand the tension you are feeling. I've been there. Just stay calm and don't think of the worse case scenario.

And if it ends up being invasive, you can look into the possibility of a trachelectomy. You can still have children with this procedure.

http://www.talkmedical.com/medical-...9/Trachelectomy

Try to stay calm and try not to read too much about your condition. It can really make your mind wander into darker worlds better left untraveled to. What helps me is reading the success stories on this website. They can truly be uplifting, especially when you feel alone and scared.

Keep positive, stay in the present moment and keep us posted.

eleni
Unread 09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Cone Biopsy

Sandy,

I had a cone biopsy on July 18th...My doc also did a D&C along with the cone...I ended up having some complications with the D&C, but the cone biopsy was fine...I felt no discomfort..and if I didn't have any complications, I would of went back to work in a couple of days.
I'm sure your doctor is being extra cautious..and there is nothing wrong with that..better to be safe.

Stay positive...You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kara
Unread 09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Cone Biopsy

Sandy,

I had a cone in July and the Dr. said I would only need a day or two after surgery to take it easy because of the anesthetic. She told me no heavy lifting, nothing in the vagina and no swimming for 4-6 weeks. I had no pain or discomfort and was back to work in a couple of days.

I know how worried you feel. Keep a positive attitude. I know a lot of women who have had cone biopsies and still had more children. I know everyone is different, but there is hope.

Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register