Anyone ever 'treat' their pets?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone ever 'treat' their pets?? Anyone ever 'treat' their pets??

Unread 09-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Wink - Anyone ever 'treat' their pets?? Anyone ever 'treat' their pets??

Hiya!

Just wondering if anyone ever treated their pets? I went to a pet shop today, and bought Jakey a new collar, rubber chew bone, and a nice new big bed! Billy kept sleeping in the old bed and the other one was way too small. i also bought a pile of rawhide bones, as anyone who reads my post knows that Jakey will chew anything, nailed down or not!
Billy is now in the old big bed, Jakey in the new bigger bed, so technically, they both have a new bed now. Jakey's new collar is multi coloured with bones on it. He was wearing Billy's old one, but it fell apart, so he ate it and I was having trouble getting him in the kitchen when we had visitors.

Oh well, they'll be snoring like pigs in poop tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone ever 'treat' their pets??

We just made a cat tunnel for Kipling.
I brought home an extra sturdy cardboard tube from work (we get wood veneer shipped in rolls in them) about 14" in diameter. Then we bought an area carpet and DH made a T shape with the tube and covered it with the carpet. We weighted the bottom so it doesn't tip over and the leg of the T is about 10" high so he can crawl right in.
SO it's a hidey hole-cat condo combined with a scratching station. Kipling just Loooves it!!! It's fun to make the little guy happy.
Unread 09-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Oh yes! Although I think our cats prefer the plastic bags from the grocery store and the boxes from other purchases than to the other stuff we buy. I think our cats love xmas just for all the wrapping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 02:45 AM

Treat my dog? Moi?? I not only "treat her" I take her to the pet store with me so she can "pick out" what she wants!

Well, pretty much what she wants anyway. She is only allowed healthy snacks. She has allergies!

I used to manage a pet store before I came down with all my health problems so she pretty much has just about everything made for a dog!

Sybie
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:55 PM

Good post ((Fran))!!

Why yes I do treat my fur babies with gifts!! My kitty loves a new jingle ball (found her one that has lights and flashes making a sound like a bird when she bats it around)!! DH, who wasn't sure he wanted a new animal, bought a mini laser pinpoint, that our kitty will chase anywhere!!!! As for my dog, Lucky, she loves peanut butter dog bones (yes, there are peanut butter dog bones)!!!! She also loves to get a stuffed animal to play with!! I say, animals are meant to be spoiled and I'm just the one to do it!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:13 AM

Well...I think our golden retriever (Molly) thinks she is treating us each day by allowing us to live in *her* house! Give her an inch...how did she get so spoiled!?!

Anyway, her favorite treat is getting a brand new fluffy toy. She *loves* to chew on them, (but doesn't shred them). She often rests her head on them when she goes to sleep...ahhh! Second best is a fluffy that's just come out of the dryer (yes, I wash all her fluffy toys). Each time it's like she's getting a brand new toy. She spins and gets all excited!

Her food treat is pieces of rice cakes...as our girl also has allergies. She'll do anything for a piece of one. She suddenly *knows* all the commands that seem optional the rest of the day! And heaven forbid we forget the rice cake that she usually gets at 8:30pm...the snouting and nudging begins at 8:00!
Unread 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM

Treat the pets??? Of course!! My "Furry Five" are "treated" often, not with food but other goodies! We just bought the dog a new bed as there was always a cat or 2 sleeping in her existing bed or on her pillow so now there are options! The cats have a custom made condo (made by DH!), 2 smaller condos, a wicker condo, a hammock, a tunnel....etc. Yes, our house has been refered to as a "Zoo" by many. We don't care our "babies" make us happy!! Our darling doggy aslo has somewhere around 45 stuffed toys, she loves her stuffys and looks in the bags anytime we return from shopping for her gift!!
Of course all 5 pets have pretty collars with matching name tags! And the cats have harnesses in pretty colours that we call their "sports bras" as they are all girls and the only way they go out is on their leashes.
I say treat away!!!

Twilla
Unread 09-15-2005, 04:06 PM

Thumper the dog has a big basket of stuffed animals and has some rubber chew toys. He holds them up in his mouth and chomps down on them so they squeak. His teeth are perfectly white.
Larry the cat likes catnip and treats.
Unread 09-15-2005, 04:41 PM

DH bought a laser light and two cats and one puppy (10 wks) just love it. It could keep them busy for hours if we had the energy to push the little button that long! Katey the older dog just looks at them like they are nuts for chasing it around. It's really a sight to see.

The only other thing (besides chewies) that has been a big hit was a small wooden box I bought at St. Vinnies for incoming mail/bills. Sweet Pea our female cat, curls up and sleeps in it. She barely fits, it's a pretty snug fit, but if we can't find her, that's where she is, on my desk!

Aren't pets great? My sister is having a baby and I'm pleased as punch to have a puppy. As DH explained it a while ago, we don't have to worry about her getting bad grades, smoking, drinking, or shell out lots of money on new school clothes. AND at the end of the day, when I'm tired Cassidy (the puppy) goes in the bathroom for the night. If I left a baby in the bathroom w/ food, water, blanket and a chew toy I'ld be in BIG trouble.

Unread 09-16-2005, 01:50 PM

I think I get more excited about giving my girls treats. I love seeing them happy.
Hyster52804 your so right about laser lights. I think Shadow wonders how she got along all these years without it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register