on med leave and bladder surgery on 16th... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

on med leave and bladder surgery on 16th... on med leave and bladder surgery on 16th...

Unread 09-04-2005, 08:33 PM
on med leave and bladder surgery on 16th...

Hi girls sorry I haven't been around much but have been pretty sick...can't remember where I left off with y'all but have been diagnosed with something called trigeminal neuralgia...essentially I have a blood vessel pressing on the nerve that goes to the right side of my face and it causes intense pain....so much that I"ve had to go on medical leave from work and don't know when I'll be going back...this was probably the hardest thing I ever did in my life...probably should've done it while I was waiting to go for my hyst too but was too afraid to lose my job this time I had no choice I was unable to work and that was that...they give you these antiseizure meds to take to control the pain which is what I've been doing for awhile but I couldn't take enough of it at work to keep the pain down and they make you feel really sick...so now I'm on double the meds...really sick and can't move around much as I'm very unsteady on my feet and am waitin to see a neurosurgeon who is on holidays and then my neurologist tells me this guy can fix it......I need some prayers though.....apparently it depends on how it presents itself as to what surgery they do and I want this fixed permanently I don't want to be dealin with this for years to come it is way too disabling so this Sat I go for a brain angiogram to look for the artery or vessel that may be pressing on it...sometimes it shows up sometimes it doesn't...lets pray it shows up bigtime and is easy to fix ok?

other then that my bladder has been ragin away like crazy so they are going in to do another hydrodistension and burn the ulcers off again on Sept 16...figure I"m off might as well take care of it if we can so I'll be a real mess but hopefully it will help!

stopping work was one of the hardest things I've ever done I've worked ever since I was 16 and it was brutal....hopefully I'll be back before we know it right? They were mostly very good about it and as far as I know they are holding my position and if I"m off more then 4mths then my long term kicks in so at least there is that....but it was weird I only got a card from one lady at work and there were even some people that didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with me I guess if they can't see it they don't believe which I thought was really awful but what can you do...8yrs of bending over backwards and then some people can't even wish you well....well anyways I'm just not going to think about them and I"m going to think about you my sisters...I may not post often but I lurk around and see how you are all doing....I'll keep you all posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2005, 03:26 AM

gidge,
Boy how impressed I am with your strength! I'm glad your out on medical leave, I'm sure it's for the best...now you can focus on nothing but getting well! It sounds like you have found a great set of Doctors...Good for you!! I will surely say a prayer for you ! I wish you the best and I do hope these test make everything show up big time so they can take care of it once and for all!! Keep us all informed as you can! Netty
Unread 09-05-2005, 06:29 AM

you try to hang in there!!! "he only give us what we can handle"!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2005, 07:24 AM

Gidge
I will be saying ers for you my I hope and pray that they will find what is causing this and that they can fix it easily. And I hope the bladder procedure on the 16th takes care of the bladder issues for you. Many s are coming your way.
Unread 09-05-2005, 08:12 AM
painful remarks

I had someone, at work, I consider my friend,tell someone else they thought my problem was "all in my
head" it really hurt. People just don't understand, and
I really don't expect them to, but it does hurt. That is
why this site is so important, you know your sisters
understand. Thanks Hyster Sisters. Thanks to the hostesses too, they usually jump in from time to time and give
a comforting comment, and some experience they've
had or, they remember a previous post they've seen on
a particular subject. Thanks to all, it is one thing that
makes these conditions somewhat tolerable. There have
been times a couple of years ago when I would just ly
in bed and think I was going crazy, and maybe it was
just me, and I was really not in this much pain, and
somebody else could handle this better than I was.
Now I have a net-work of people who have similar problems and do understand, and validate my condition.
Thanks to all. Susan
Unread 09-05-2005, 09:14 AM

Oh ((((Gidge)))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time I now realize how lucky I was to get off so easy when I was dealing with trigeminal neuralgia, back in the '80's.

((((Sweetie)))) You're in my ers, not only for the nerve to be in the right position, but also for the neuro-surgeon to be able to fix it as soon as possible (I know how slow the canadian system can be ).

((((Sweetie)))) Do take advantage of this medical leave in order to get back your health We'll always be here for you.
Unread 09-05-2005, 10:12 AM

Hello gidge,
I'm somewhat knew and still don't know how to add the cute little icons but you are in my prayers and I know god has a place for you in his heart. You may be used as an instrument in his hands to strengthen someone who is not so strong.
God Bless and will be praying for you.
Unread 09-05-2005, 12:20 PM

awww jeez..I knew I'd been away too long but what a nice way to wake up this morning to all your hugs and well wishes!

it did hurt me horribly when the people at work said what they did one girl actually said to my face after asking what was wrong with me "what about that cyst in your head wasnt there something about a cyst or was that just a rumour" in other words saying I had made that up...I just couldn't believe it I'm not obligated to tell anyone anything but I guess I'm idealistic and think people might give a crap...yes for the record there is a 8mm cyst in my head but they feel it is unrelated to my current condition...alot of people have them they just don't know...and then my old boss would not speak to me for two days at all after I told the people I report to that I had to go on sick leave (which were supportive thank god but she isn't one of them anymore but hold influence so it worries me) but on my last day just as I was leaving cornered me in the bathroom when I was all alone and FINALLY talked to me and asked when I was seeing the neurosurgeon and I said I didn't know as he was on holidays and she said with a snarl "so you don't even have an appointment, how do you EVEN KNOW your having surgery"...I couldn't believe it and was on a lot of antiseizure med at this point and didn't know what to say this is what you choose to say to me instead of being supportive?? So I said "because the neurologist is sending me to him for it"...so then she said "well take care I guess" and walked out...I felt like I was in grade 8 and had just been cornered by the bully....I worry that she will do something to me while I'm off as she clearly doesn't think there is anything wrong with me and the four men I report to do somewhat lean on her for advice but I have to believe in the good of people somehow and the fact that I have a neurological condition and can't work whether they can do surgery or not is going to have to be enough somehow...

anyways enough of that I'm trying to picture a huge pair of scissors cutting those people out of my life and brain (something someone mentioned to me very effective) and hope to not be so hurt about it soon...if I have to go on long term because the wait is so long then I do that's just the way it is....it will be ok that's what I keep telling myself

I'm hoping the bladder surgery will help on the 16th although I know initially it's going to cause alot of pain but a couple weeks from then I will hopefully be in better shape!

thanks for being there sisters...I'm sorry I took so long to talk to you about it silly of me but I guess I was absorbing it myself I'll stay in touch now I promise! 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register