help rectocele problem !!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help rectocele problem !!!! help rectocele problem !!!!

Unread 09-06-2005, 02:37 PM
help rectocele problem !!!!

I just wondered if any one can help me.I have a large Rectocele that is due to be operated on in the next month or so.I've been having problems with incontinence,so was referered to a colo rectal surgeon,who has told me my sphinctre mechanism is not functioning correctly and that as well as the rectocele I have an internal rectal intussusception
apparently my rectum is folding to the other side of the rectocele he said this is quite common after a hyst, and bladder repair, and i may need an anterior resection rectoplexy once the rectocele is repaired and healed ,I've never heard of it and am terrified,he is sending me for barium enema on Monday then an endoscopy, as I am having pains high in my tummy ,as i've also had my gall ladder removed has this ever happened to any one else? I feel like I'm falling apart and dont know who else to talk to gp is good but i'm sure my family think i'm a hypocondriac sorry I cant spell either!I cant believe both ends can go wrong at the same time and it doesnt help when i dont know what theyre talking about to scared to interupt..help...
I would appreciate any feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2005, 06:00 PM

(((lindamarion))) I do not have any insight for you: my rectocele was repaired at the same time as my TVH and I didn't have any of the complications you're dealing with However, I did want to send lots of s your way and to wish you the best of luck.
Unread 09-06-2005, 06:56 PM

Hello lindamarion, please do a search on the internet for your problems, go to google and type it into the search line. You'll be surprised at how much information you will come up with. I also had a total vag hyst with rectocele repair on Aug 22. I've had more discomfort with the rectal problem than with the hyst. I am now 2 weeks post-op and still taking double doses of stool softeners twice a day so that I won't become constipated. So far so good. Hang in there, it does get better......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2005, 07:17 PM

I had a rectocele and enterocele repaired in Jan. I am haviong alot of problems emptying my bowels still. I am on stool softeners, suppositories and still have to splint. I cvan feel the bm through my vaginal floor when I push to empty out. I am having a lapro Mon. The dr. is going to check all of the area where we girls prolapse at. I hope they aren't back this soon. He will fix them if they are. I am also having a cystocele repair and a tvt. I have also been seeing a colon rectal surgeon. She has ordered me a defecography which would show any type of prolapses. It is still on recall, so I don't know when I will be scheduled. When the uro/gyn does the lapro he will check out my bowels real good. He will call the colon dr. in to assist if needed.Thry both work out of the Seton Center, which is where I go. I am also afraid I may have a prolapses in my rectum. Sometimes when I try to go my rectum seems to hang way down. Hard to describe, but it just doesn't feel normal.
I thought a rectocele and rectum prolapse could all be fixed at the same time. I hope you get all of your things fixed and will be on the road to recovery soon.
Peggy
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:07 PM

HI, I would say always interrupt the doctor when you do not know what the heck they are talking about. They are supposed to make sure you understand , and if not , then I would tell them you need to know ,because your family wonders about the diagnosis. Your spelling was pretty well on track, as far as that goes, because I believe you only left out an h in that word, which I do not like anyway, because if a person has not been in the same predicament , they should have more compassion . Maybe they just do not understand. Wishing you all the best, Reeni

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register