What is it like Postop for ORS removal??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is it like Postop for ORS removal??? What is it like Postop for ORS removal???

Unread 09-08-2005, 02:21 PM
What is it like Postop for ORS removal???

I am sure it will be pretty much like the rest of the surgeries I have had in the past 3 years but for some reason I am a little more nervous about this one.

Doc already told me its a difficult and lengthy surgery, wonder if that will mean more pain??? I know it all depends on how much clean up he has to do and how hard it will be for him to remove the remnant and cyst out of the pelvic wall. He is also prepared for lots of adhesions and even possibly more endo.

I just hate that I am having to go through this, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!

I am also wondering how my abdomen is going to look being cut on the same spot for the 3rd time, will my muscles ever be normal again, I already have a pouch that just doesn't seem to want to go away, will it ever?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Jody,
I don't know about the ORS surgery as I haven't had that surgery. But I have had two full abdominal surgeries. During the first I had some incision problems, that I think never cleared up, even after the doc reopened for the hyst. I had an incision revision several years ago and the incision looks absolutely wonderful! It is barely even noticeable. It may be something that you should discuss with the doctor who is doing your surgery if you are concerned about going thru the same incision again.

I would think that your recovery would depend on the amount of work that is done while you are open. I have had laps that have caused me considerable amount of pain due to the work involved and moving organs around.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I hope it brings you the answers you are seeking.
Unread 09-09-2005, 09:02 AM

thanks Kim for your reply - they are always so positive and uplifting!!!!!!

I am sure everything will be fine and I should be used to it all now, my laparotomy last year was no where near as bad as my hyst I think its just the normal preop nerves!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register