Teenage Daughters!!! Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teenage Daughters!!! Help Teenage Daughters!!! Help

Unread 09-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Angry - Teenage Daughters!!! Help Teenage Daughters!!! Help

I need help. My two teenage daughters are constantly at each other's throats. Not a civil word passes between them. I feel like taking them to some isolated place, locking them in a room together (no weapons anywhere in sight) and leaving them until they resolve their issues. Is anyone else battling with something like this? Please please please help. ps. we are doing the counselling thing, which does not seem to be helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Teenage Daughters!!! Help

This seems to be a normal thing. My daughter would always pick on her brother (whom just shrugged her off). How old is your daughters? (teens 15/16?) That was when I think the aliens invaded my daughter (hormones,(just joking). As she got older her moods leveled out. At 28 she can still have here attitude at times. The only thing that worked for me was trying to reason with her and time. Good luck.
Unread 09-09-2005, 08:31 AM

At least you are trying to resolve the issues.

I can tell you from experience that I was the one that was "picked on" in the family and my parents always sided with my sisters/brother (keep in mind there was a lot a alcohol issues in my family). Today there still is a lot of alcohol issues in my family and I don't speak to them.

I think counseling is a good idea. It may be the normal sibling rivalry and then there may be deeper issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 09:42 AM

I think its pretty normal. It reminded me of my sister and I in our teen years. There were times of fighting, not talking to each other just could not stand each other! Today we are the best of friends. I'm Godmother to her daughter. All siblings go through stages. The best thing my parents did was not get involved. They stayed out of our battles, no way did they want to be in the middle of it. Tell them you love them and lots of hugs. I wish all you the best of luck!
Unread 09-09-2005, 09:49 AM

Being one of 4 girls, I can tell you that it is normal for them to be at each others throats. My sisters are my most prized posessions in my adult world but we did a lot of scraping as kids. Do your daughters argue one minute and go to the mall together later? If they are getting along one minute, but fighting the next I would not worry. If they are never close in any way I would seek conseling and see if their is an underlying issue. Good luck
Unread 09-09-2005, 09:55 AM

Had the same problem only that I have one each (son and daughter) then I day I was reading a story about one of my DR who past away in a airplanes with wife and son. The other Kids left had to fine a way to be without mom and dad. In te Story it told about how the girls would fight and the mom was always worried about them. Now after the accident they get along great. Any how I had My kids read the story and the problems they are going through with out their parents and how they get along. The story help my kids see the importance of getting along with each other cause who knows how long we will be together. I told my other dr who is helping with the kids about how the story has help my kid and it made them feel glad to see the story has help so many others.
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:38 AM

Thanks everyone. I have tried so hard to keep out of it, but they are each such different personalities that they really wind each other up - to the point that really nasty things are said to one another. I am a single mom, I divorced their Dad in 1993 and he passed away in 1998, so I have really had to do it all alone - financially as well as emotionally. Sometimes, I feel like I wanna run away from home.
Unread 09-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Wink - Teenage Daughters!!! Help Teenage Daughters!!! Help

Hello,
I am here to offer you sympathy, as I have nothing to give for support. Mine are still at it. I have four, they youngest is beginning to join the fray. How they all turned out so different with the same "parenting" and set of parents beats the heck out of me.

I guess this is normal, and I try and console myself with the fact that "wordy scapes" is the worst thing I have. No bad boy, drugs, sex, or serious trouble. Find the bright side to this if possible.

Let me know where you find to "run away to" and I will gladly join you for a "day at the spa, some gambling, poker, a game of pool or dancing or party time". Desperately needed here. Good luck
Unread 09-19-2005, 04:52 AM

Thanks for that Wildwood. Its soooo frustrating. Well think of me for the next couple of weeks, as school is out and they are together every day - all day!! This is one of those times I say "Thank G-d I work!!" At least I escape for a few hours each day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register