Estogen/Progestin - HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estogen/Progestin - HELP! Estogen/Progestin - HELP!

Unread 09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Estogen/Progestin - HELP!

My doctor gave me ortho-tricyclen on Saturday - estrogen and progestin - what do you guys think about that? I don't do well with Premarin, Cenestin, Progesterone cream - I am running out of options. Weight gain, night sweats, total confusion and horrible short term memory, no sex drive, painful muscles - you name it - anxiety. I felt SO good for the first 2 months and now it is awful! I would not take it back, don't get me wrong - but how do I ever find BALANCE? Best news is not a single mood swing, which was a violent as the weather prior to surgery. I cannot sleep due to heat - my a/c is on 65. My family is freezing and I am kicking off covers and waking up all night long. I think my DH has pnemonia from me. Bless his heart.

Unread 09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
have you tried bio hormones?

:dance2: Hi, I just read your post and had to laugh--My poor hubby swears I've tried to kill him with cold at night. We live in Florida and he has to wear flannel pj's to bed lol. I personally think I understand why we usually start menapause when our kids leave the house--I would sleep in nothing if I could just to keep cool. As for your hormones--have you talked to a compound pharm. or has your doc mentioned bio identicals? I've read about tons of options--its just hard sometimes to find the way threw the jungle for some of us. I've been working on mine for a year and so far have not found the right balance but I know there is one out there it just takes time and patience and sometimes abit of money lol. Don't worry there will be a way out of the jungle, just don't give up and keep your on and we will all find our way out!
Unread 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Have you tried any of the bio-identical estrogens? I didn't do well on Premarin either (plus I didn't like that it was a synthetic hormone). I also didn't do well on progesterone cream (mine was compounded though). I now use the Vivelle Dot patch, as my estrogen replacement, and Prometrium, in a bio-identical pill form, as my progesterone replacement. There are alot of options out there, so don't give up. Sometimes it can just be the method of delivery that makes a difference, so keep trying...goodluck!

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Yeah, my cream was compounded also. I just have not heard of anyone with the acutal birth control pills, but my Dr. says it is good. Have you heard of it?
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:15 PM

Some DRs will prescribe bcp's for ladies who had endo, because the progestin in them can help keep the endo from returning. Usually they'll prescribe them to be used continuously rather than cycled as bcp's normally are.

How about something like Combipatch? At least then you'd potentially avoid any side effects that are due to having larger doses of these synthetic substances passing through your digestive system.

s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register