I Decided: Surgery 9/30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Decided:  Surgery 9/30 I Decided: Surgery 9/30

Unread 09-12-2005, 06:56 PM
I Decided: Surgery 9/30

After going through all the pluses and minuses I decided to have the tumor taken out. At the same time the gyn/onc insists a general do hernia repair so I have to go back and meet him once I get a call. Talk about assembly lines. Once I said yes...in came the resident with more information, in came the nurse with more information and forms, off I went to the lab to leave you-know-what and four vials of blood--to the xray place to have my lungs x-rayed--to have an electrocardiogram which I had to take--to pre-anesthesia consult--to the hospital to do their admission process where I gor more forms... In 2-5 days ad I know there is no cure and no guarantee the PET/CT showed all and that it won't come right back but I feel this is best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 07:01 PM

I too would want to go for the surgery.

I hope you have an easy surgery with a uneventful recovery!

Prayers your way!
xo Donna
Unread 09-12-2005, 07:19 PM

Wow, this is such a personal decision and how ever you decide is the "right" decision for you. If given the same situation I too would go for the surgery. Here is wishing you the best of surgeons, the quickest recovery, and the most optimal outcome. We are all cheering for you. Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Glad you have a plan, Ellen. Do you feel a large sense of relief now that you have made the decision?
I know I would, just good to be moving forward.

I wish you luck with the surgery, my dear. I will hope and pray that all goes well and that your recovery is speedy.

We'll be here waiting for you and your good news. You are one woman and I know you will face whatever comes your way with strength and your usual positive outlook.

k9
Unread 09-12-2005, 07:49 PM

Ellen
Sounds like you thought this out carefully. I pray that the surgery goes well and gets it all. Getting the hernia repaired is kind of a two for one.

Take Care
s
Jane
Unread 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM

s Ellen

I'm glad the decision has been made.
When surgery is possible, I feel it always presents the best chance at beating the beast back.
I would do the exact same thing.
I admire how your humor always shines through.
Assembly line, huh? You hit the nail right on the head.
Hopefully the assembly line ran smoothly today.
So now I must give up bugging you about OCNA.
But how about 2006 in Washington DC?
Best wishes, as always.

oxoxox karenann
Unread 09-12-2005, 09:34 PM

Sounds like a good plan of attack! Maybe this will be what is needed, to finally kick that cancer out for good!!

Rhonda
Unread 09-12-2005, 09:37 PM

Good for you, Ellen. I am glad to hear you are having the surgery. I wish you only the best... good news from the surgery and a quick, comfortable recovery.

God bless,
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:02 PM

I am glad you came to your decision. I just had hernia surgery tlast week. it developed at the site of my abdom hyst incision, so i am glad you are going to get it taken care of at the same time. i feel like i am reliving my hyst in regards to recovery issues. Best of luck
Unread 09-13-2005, 03:26 AM

Hi Ellen,

You continue to be my inspiration...your strength, courage and great sense of humour are some of the qualities that keep me going throughout all this.

I'm glad you came to a decision and one that makes you comfortable. Wishing you only excellent results and a speedy recovery.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register