Adenomyosis question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis question Adenomyosis question

Unread 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Adenomyosis question

Hi I am now 4.5 weeks postop TVH. Unfortunately I haemorrhaged whilst still in recovery - I kept telling the nurse there was pressure on my bladder, and she kept on telling me it was ok as I had a catheter in place. I could also hear them discussing me, and my primary care nurse daying that no way was she going to remove the vaginal packing as per instructions as she didn't know what might happen if she did. My blood pressure plummeted to 74/42 despite them filling me full of fluids.
They finally decided to transfer to the Public Hospital ER and I ended up with a laparotomy to remove 2 litres of blood from my pelvic area. They left a drain in overnight, which drained a further 500mls of blood. I had a blood transfusion in theatre and spent the nite in Intensive care. I was stable enough to transfer back to the private hospital the next day - by which time I was swollen all over!!!! Like a giant Michelan woman - not a good look!!!!

Anyway I was finally discharged 8 days postop after another blood transfusion to get my haemoglobin levels somewhere near normal.

On talking with my Dr. she said I haemorrhaged from the pedicle left from where she detached my fallopian tube from the uterus ( which was @ 12wks size), and that the pedicle was quite thick. She was pretty sure I had adenomyosis so my question is this - if the remaining pedicles are thick - are they affected by the adenomyosis and will they cause me any problems???

I still have my ovaries - although 1 had a small cyct on it.

I don't go fro my postop check for another 4 weeks as my Dr is overseas at a conference & vacation.

I am healing quite well, but emotionally are not coping very well - especially when talking about the complications that happened.

thanks for listening - you girls are a great support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Adenomyosis question

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to say I'm glad to hear that you are healing well & getting better! What an experience you had! I had a bad reaction to the morphine in recovery, but nothing compared to what you went through.
Unread 09-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Adenomyosis question

I am so sorry about everything you have been through! You had it rough!

I also had Adenomyosis. Adenomyosis is described as endometriosis, only it is inside the uterus. Since you had your uterus removed the pedicle hemmoraghing is probably a separate issue from the adenomyosis.

I guess adenomyosis is difficult to diagnose before surgery. I only found out about it at my 6 week post-op appt, so this whole thing is new to me too.

Maybe you can contact the doctor that is on-call for your doctor? 4 weeks is an awfully long time to wait for an answer!

Take care....I wish you a speedy recovery!

Jennifer
's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Adenomyosis question

I can't answer your question either, but wanted to give you some

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register