Temperature | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Temperature

How long did everyone run a low grade temp. I had not checked mine until I was one week out and then didn't feel too good and checked it. It was 101 and Tylenol and ibuprofen didn't bring it down. Talked to the doctor and they put me on Levaquin in case I had an infection. It didn't run over 99.5 for a few days and now today is 100.4. I probably over did this morning and maybe that is what is causing it. Does anyone out there have any info on low grade temps after hyster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Temperature

I'm not sure the cause, but my temp has ran from 99.5 to 100.8 most notably when I'm having a hot flash, but even at times when I am not feeling a "flash". My doctor told me only to report a temp over 101 so I haven't called him about this. I know this wasn't much help, just thought I'd let you know you are not alone.
Unread 09-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Temperature

Actually that was a lot of help. One of the trainors at the gym I joined said his wife has been running a low grade temp and they have talked to several people who have had this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflower
I'm not sure the cause, but my temp has ran from 99.5 to 100.8 most notably when I'm having a hot flash, but even at times when I am not feeling a "flash". My doctor told me only to report a temp over 101 so I haven't called him about this. I know this wasn't much help, just thought I'd let you know you are not alone.
That's how much temp has been running!!!! Ahhhh.

I don't understand it. I been tempin' like this since I arrived home from the hospital. on August 31st. I just took my temp and it says 100.8. I was told the same thing as Michelle, not to worry unless it's over 101 for more then a few readings and then I'm suppose to take another persons temp in the house.

I went to the dr on this temp on Thursday and the standing in gyno for my gyno said as he peeked at my incision... " what kind of pain are you having". I said it's behind my eyes with this temp. Oh.. well you have hayfever.
HUH?
It's a long story after that what happened. I knew that wasn't the problem and I just sobbed and sobbed.

My husband asked even thou she has her ovaries.. could she be having something going on with them. Oh know that's rare. "ello? could I not be a "rare"?
Anyone finds out anything ... PLEASE help me with this struggling question.
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Temperature

I had a low grade temp for a little over a week. It was always about 99.6. It seemed like I felt really warm or was freezing. It never developed into anything else.

Check back with your Dr on Monday if it doesn't go down. Feel better.
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann45
Actually that was a lot of help. One of the trainors at the gym I joined said his wife has been running a low grade temp and they have talked to several people who have had this.

But why???

what causes this?
I have my ovaries and I thought maybe this was hormonal.
I have been moody, crying, throwing a fit, I even threw down my book and stomped off to my room and slammed the door.
I'd be burning up or cool with a bit of a chill.

It seems me moving around makes me feel better, it doesn't help my temp but it makes me feel alittle better.
No fever reducers help at all!

Calling all "sisters"... I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but wondering "Why the Temp" with ovaries.
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Temperature

Hmm peach, it sure seems I've read on here about ovary shock? If things don't improve I'd ask your doctor to do some blood levels? I mean if it is indeed so rare, then everything should show up alright? Right?
As for the hayfever, hmm, well you could ALSO have hayfever, but c'mon that is just NOT an answer when you are asking a legitimate Question! Grrrrr...
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflower
Hmm peach, it sure seems I've read on here about ovary shock? If things don't improve I'd ask your doctor to do some blood levels? I mean if it is indeed so rare, then everything should show up alright? Right?
As for the hayfever, hmm, well you could ALSO have hayfever, but c'mon that is just NOT an answer when you are asking a legitimate Question! Grrrrr...

I feel funny ( I know sounds strange) about "asking for blood work when I'm not a dr. Do you know what I mean. I just want him to say those words. "lets do some blood work".

I'm almost "hoping to get over the 101 so someone will take this serious as I feel it is affecting my life. I should be thinking of my incision... but I'm concerned with my fever~!

thank you for replying... I been doing searchs on the net and I can't fine anything I feel Doomed.
I am treating it medication wise like "hayfever" just so I can "PRove" It's not working!!!
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Temperature

Had my TAH one week ago Friday and every day around 3 O'clock till 2: a.m. I have 100 to 101 temp. I HATE IT!!! I dont have any ovaries so it's probably not your ovaries acting up. I too, am on Levaquin for 10 days. Wish someone could tell us "why"
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Temperature

Well, Peach I am no doctor (Thank Goodness), but IF I were and my patient presented with your symptoms I would think I should check blood levels, especially with the mood swings, elevated temp, and headaches you described.

I will admit I am not extremely educated about ovarian shock, but it does stand to reason, given the time frame since your surgery, that is what you are experiencing.

Does your incision look red? Is it oozing pus? Is it unusually painful? Do you notice an odor coming from it? Is it hot to touch? These are all cardinal signs of wound infection.

As a nurse I know this, behind every good doc is one heck of a I would always recommend getting your doctor's nurse involved first and gaining her concern, you will most likely, hopefully get much further!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register