5 wks po & new clothes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 wks po & new clothes 5 wks po & new clothes

Unread 09-20-2005, 08:40 AM
5 wks po & new clothes

Hi, I'm new to this site & so thankful that I found it! I just wish I had located it before this time so I was more prepared with questions and concerns for my doctor. I had po appt at 4 wks and was released to work. I work in a stressful office & going back to work tomorrow. I'm getting very nervous just hoping I can keep up, altho I know I wont be as fast, I'll just have to learn to walk slower, and get up & down slower (I'm sure my swelly belly will remind me when I forget! lol) I was wondering if any of you had to get new clothes? I cannot stand to have zippers on my pants or anything even close to being snug? So I went out yesterday and bought some pants that are pull ons with elastic waistband. From my belly button down, it just feels like I have a bad sunburn. I cant stand anything pressing on it. I thought about getting a girdle, or a panty that has some kind of stomach support. Can anyone else relate to this? And do you find this helpful or does it make it worse? Thanks for any help/advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM
5 wks po & new clothes

MSt, I am glad that you found us, there is alot of info on this site and the sisters are very supportive and always ready with a hug. Alot of us can relate to the clothes issue, I found that wearing support undergarments helped alot and I still wear them for the added support. Try to rest during the day if you can, and if you need help ask your office mates I'm sure someone would be glad to help you. I have a desk job and found that getting up and walking around helped with some of the soreness. I wish you the best and hope that you have a good day at work.
Carol
Unread 09-20-2005, 09:39 AM
5 wks po & new clothes

I was wondering about getting a girdle or something similiar also--for support and to flatten the pudge----so I also look forward to reading experiences from others.

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:00 PM
5 wks po & new clothes

I did buy some support "flexees" --they were very stretchy but also a lot of support. I personally found them to be too tight on my swelly belly even though I bought them 2 sizes bigger than normal. I feel much more comfortable without them but have heard others say they have helped.
I did find some very comfortable pants at Walmart by Faded Glory -they are elastic waist just in the back-the front is all stretch material--very comfortable all day and come in several colors. They are cotton and are not baggy in legs . I did buy 2 sizes bigger than normal. They come in petite,average and long lengths. I returned to work this weekand have been wearing them and they feel good-even at end of day.
Unread 09-21-2005, 06:56 AM
5 wks po & new clothes

Thanks for the input! I read another post on here about going pantyless, now I'm starting to think maybe that's the most comfortable way to go! lol That's something that never occured to me after years of having to wear pads.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register